Prilosec and Pravastatin sodium drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prilosec and Pravastatin sodium together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Prilosec and Pravastatin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 225 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 02, 2017
225 people who take Prilosec, Pravastatin sodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Prilosec and Pravastatin sodium?
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 84,885 users)
Pravastatin sodium has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Pravastatin sodium 13,272 users)
Interactions between Prilosec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Pravastatin sodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Prilosec and Pravastatin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Pravastatin sodium (pravastatin sodium) is often used to treat hyperlipidaemia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prilosec is used in:
- Pravastatin sodium is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have kidney cysts on each kidney. I had stone surgery. I was wondering if the medicine Prilosec is the cause.
- I had three Dermatofibromas that took 10 years to develop. However, within the last four months (when I started taking Prilosec daily), I'm now up to 15. I have read that when you have more than 15 DF's and they are developing within a short period of time, that qualifies as Multiple ...
- I am a 40 year old women with primary sjrogrens syndrome and frybromialgia along with several comprised lung issues, bladder, neurological, gastrointestinal, thyroid disease, all related to my primary sjrogrens I suffer from a long stream of other symptoms as well tight spastic sore muscles, ...
- My bladder problem started 2 months ago. I have autoimmune diseases, my RA has gone into spine, My RA Dr. said RA does cause cholesterol to go up, but primary car Dr. Said it was to high 350 now 158, but I can't control my bladder now. I sneeze, cough I pee. HELP
- I developed pneumonia that wouldn't respond to antibiotic treatment. Finally after 6 months a CT was done which showed infiltrates. A VATS procedure gave a diagnosis of Interstitial Lung Disease, unknown etiology. My primary said the there is not evidence that it was caused by the Pravastatin ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I've never taken any drugs and recently at 58 yrs old doc says I need blood pressure meds and cholesterol med. taking diovan and was on pravastatin. Having terribly insomnia and struggling to lose weight. Been reading online about insomnia with both meds. Told doc all was well after a month on ...
- Taking both prevastatin and ubiquinol. Have weight gain and belly bloat. Anyone else? Been on for 6 months now. Ugh!
- I am taking Pravastatin and seem to have sleep problems, weight gain, have had muscle pain,etc and am interested in learning how this drug effects others. I wish I could get off Pravastatin but don't know if that's a good idea either. Hoping to learn from you! Valerie
- Nice to find a group whose experiences are similar to my own where it regards pounding and racing heartbeat at night. Certainly is difficult to fall asleep.
- I have just started taking this medication and I feel like it is interfering with my sleep. I'm really sleepy during the days but then can't fall asleep or stay asleep when I go to bed. The info says that this is rare for this medication but now it looks like I am not alone. Is there any other ...