Primaquine and Lariam drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Primaquine and Lariam together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Primaquine and Lariam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 13, 2017
28 people who take Primaquine, Lariam are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePrimaquine and Lariam from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Primaquine has active ingredients of primaquine phosphate. (latest outcomes from Primaquine 251 users)
Lariam has active ingredients of mefloquine hydrochloride. It is often used in malaria. (latest outcomes from Lariam 3,078 users)
Interactions between Primaquine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Lariam and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Primaquine and Lariama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Primaquine (primaquine phosphate) is often used to treat malaria. Lariam (mefloquine hydrochloride) is often used to treat malaria. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lariam is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I took six courses of lariam 3 months ago. So, I haven't taken any for 6 week. I've noticed I am losing a lot of hair,. My question is- is this permanent or will hair regrow?
User reviews to the study
- This is the second time.to feel anxious after taking primaquine. The strange thing is that I develop anxiety having very short course. Is there any scientific explanation for that. Thanks Nazim
- Hello. I took lariam while in Somalia for 9 months and have had this dark rash ever since. I'm trying to get pictures and testimonies from people with the same issue. Thanks. Travis
- I had never had severe ocd till I took Lariam 20 years ago. Within weeks of starting it, I had to see a psychologist because the ocd had become so bad that I was severely depressed and life seemed meaningless. This drug should definitely be banned! I stopped taking the drug and largely recovered ...
- I took what I'm pretty sure was Larium when I was in the Marine Corps between 1990 and 1994. I was in Korea, Desert Storm and Cuba. I've had many of the side effects except the psychosis.
- Just found this article re: OCD & Larium - seems to be something worth looking into as NHS have not sufficiently explained / treated my symptoms.