Prolia and Simponi drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prolia and Simponi together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Prolia and Simponi. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
55 people who take Prolia, Simponi are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Prolia and Simponi?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeProlia and Simponi from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prolia has active ingredients of denosumab. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Prolia 50,246 users)
Simponi has active ingredients of golimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Simponi 19,438 users)
Interactions between Prolia and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Simponi and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Prolia and Simponia b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Prolia (denosumab) is often used to treat osteoporosis post-menopausal. Simponi (golimumab) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prolia is used in:
- Simponi is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have had 2 Prolia injections - one in Feb. 2017 and one in Aug. 2017. I have noticed considerable hair loss. Will this hair loss be permanent? If not, how long will it take for the hair to grow back. I do not plan on having any more Prolia injections.
- I had my third injection in May and will not get another. It did help my osteoporosis, but definitely not worth the side effects which include leg pains, bone pain, head aches,hair loss and fatigue. I am starting to feel a little better. I can't wait to get this out of my system. I am taking ...
- I have been receiving Xgeva, the sister drug monthly for over two years in the same arm. I have been developing muscle spasms in the arm and shoulder on that side and this has been going on for the past year. We don't know what to attribute it to, but I also have a painful elbow and shock like ...
- I was diagnosed with RA about a year after I started getting Prolia injections. Will the RA go away if I stop getting the Prolia injections or is the RA caused by the Prolia permanent?
- is there any information showing new growth of neurofibromas after taking prolia shots?
User reviews to the study
- So after two yrs I was told by doctor to take a bone drug proliva, however it did not agree with me , I was sick to stomach and had achs and pains too . decided to go the natural route and started a healthy diet plan and lots of bone healthy foods foods with K2 and also very important weight ...
- First shot of Prolia June 1, 2017. Excessive hunger even after eating or drinking lots of tea. Currently at normal BMI, don't want to lose that!!! Hope to find solutions... Thanks!!!
- I have super ventricular tachycardia controlled with metoprolol, I had my first Prolia injection a week ago and my tachycardia has been acting up a lot. Anyone else experienced tachycardia on prolia?
- I'm on Prolia and I've had two bladders infections in 4 months. I don't like being on antibiotics all the time. Right now I'm taking Keflex for the latest infection. Does anyone have a solution to prevent the infections or a better way to treat them?
- All the drs say it's not a side effect but the onset of my symptoms began about s month after the shot. I never had bladder infections before and now I live in constant pain hard to sit walk work etc.