Promethazine and Nyquil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Promethazine and Nyquil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Promethazine and Nyquil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
11 people who take Promethazine, Nyquil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Promethazine and Nyquil?
Promethazine has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Promethazine 9,310 users)
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine. It is often used in common cold. (latest outcomes from Nyquil 659 users)
Interactions between Promethazine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Nyquil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Promethazine and Nyquila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Promethazine (promethazine hydrochloride) is often used to treat nausea. Nyquil (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Promethazine is used in:
- Nyquil is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hello,I'm Silvia Ramakers and i live in the netherlands. I have Gorlin probably since i was about 15 (diagnosed at older age,i'm almost 50 now btw). Had many BCC's through the years. But why i'm writing (and i hope anybody can help because i'm desperate) is that since a while i have more and ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- My wife is 37 and has no risk factors for a stroke. She took NyQuil for three nights in a row for a virus causing congestion problems and had a massive stroke. Has anyone experienced a stroke while taking NyQuil?
- Hi. Was on Amitriptyline for years and gain lots of weight. As replacement doctor prescribed Promethazine as medicine without weight gain side effect. Any body knows is it for better or for worse? Thank you for sharing your opinion With kind regards Casandra
- I took NyQuil 2 weeks ago and I have had ringing in my ear since, I took 10 days worth of omoxycylin and it hasn't helped.... Help!
- Someone very close to me is in the final stages of stage four prostate cancer and was recently switched from Zofran to the topical form of promethazine. Since I am the primary caregiver, I have noticed that each time he falls asleep since starting the promethazine his hands are constantly moving ...
- I am considering taking these 2 together. I don't want to introduce myself. Am I looking down a horrible road if I do.