Proscar and Crestor drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Proscar and Crestor together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Proscar and Crestor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 286 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 17, 2017
286 people who take Proscar, Crestor are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Proscar and Crestor?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeProscar and Crestor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Proscar has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Proscar 9,938 users)
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Crestor 100,285 users)
Interactions between Proscar and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Crestor and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Proscar and Crestora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Proscar (finasteride) is often used to treat enlarged prostate. Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Proscar is used in:
- Crestor is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
- I take 20 milligrams of crestor. I have stiffness in knees, my fingers lock and have a rash all over my body. It's been suggested that I might a form of myositis due to crestor
- After taking Crestor I was stricken with severe pain, finally after two years I was diagnosed the rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis or psa.
- I'm a 68-year old male with prostate cancer and osteoporosis. My doctors are pushing for me to take Prolia for osteoporosis (T= -3). The side effects of bisphosphonates are scary. Are there any viable alternatives?
- Since I came home I get really bad leg cramps in my left shin. At night and during the day. At night they will wake me from a sound sleep and I have to get up and walk around for about 30 minutes.I have taken leg cramp pills, drink a gallon of water a day, also dring tonic water for the quinine ...
User reviews to the study
- I've been taking Wellbutrin and found the generics don't work for me but the original drug works well. About a month and a half ago on Drs advice I began taking Crestor. Since then I have become more and more depressed and anxious. As if I weren't taking the Wellbutrin at all. Has anyone ...
- have been experiencing a severe burning and itchy skin sensation with one of my prescriptions, crestor. has anyone had a similar problem with crestor?
- I have been on Crestor for about 2 years. My lipase level were elevated. They did CT of Abdomen and all came back normal. I hear Crestor can raise this, but doc seems to seem it didn't
- Hello, I'm on a vegan diet. I take a generic Crestor. I'm wondering if I can take Turmeric Curcumin.
- Been on Crestor (Rosuvastatin) for 10+ years. When it became available as a generic, my insurance switched me from Crestor ($$$) to generic ($). Since the change I've wondered whether increased frequency of loose bowel syndrom may have been seen by others similarly taking generics since they ...