Prozac and Chantix drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prozac and Chantix together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Prozac and Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 867 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
867 people who take Prozac, Chantix are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Prozac and Chantix?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeProzac and Chantix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Prozac 60,719 users)
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,602 users)
Interactions between Prozac and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Chantix and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Prozac and Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Chantix (varenicline tartrate) is often used to treat quit smoking. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prozac is used in:
- Chantix is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
- since starting sulfasalazine for joint pain, my depression is back and very bad. Does sulfasalazine exacerbate depression?
- Can anyone tell me if they have gotten more relief of nervous symptoms by combining prozac with buspirone? 20mg of Prozac has relieved all symptoms except for a constant tightness in my stomach. I am taking Buspirone with it for 2 weeks now. The tight stomach is worse and I'm awake from 3am. I ...
- just wondering how many are on disability for this stupid agonizing condition? i am at my job for 30 years , but this ocd stuff is killing me and i dont leave the house much but to go to work. and now i dont even want to go to worrk! would i qualify for disability benefits? already been ...
- Aggravated Muscle weakness that keeps me up at night, could be the drugs. insomnia, anxiety in the morning, OCD.
User reviews to the study
- I made a phone call to someone if I were in my right mind I never would have called. She herself had a stroke and her personality changed and she is no longer herself so she started hurting us very badly and I had to give up my property to get away from her. Today my real deal friend is furious ...
- I was misdiagnosed with major depression, and prescribed Prozac 20mg. I actually have Bipolar 1 disorder. Six days into taking Prozac that night I began having horrible thoughts, and urges to stab my mother with a knife, slit my dogs throat, and slit my own throat. I knew these thoughts were ...
- Has anyone ever had a bad reactions from taking 5-htp and chantix? I'm about to start both tomorrow. Jim
- Wondering if chantix can cause me, a normally health 47 year old female with no diseases or disorders, to go into liver failure?
- I have been taking Trintellix for about 5 weeks, 20 mgs. daily. I would like to know if anyone had better reduction with their depression taking Trintellix 20 mgs. along with Prozac 40 mgs. daily. Did it help relieve depression better taken with Prozac or did the Trintellix work well without ...