Prozac and Xanax drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prozac and Xanax together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Prozac and Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,397 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 10, 2017
4,397 people who take Prozac, Xanax are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Prozac and Xanax?
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Prozac 59,614 users)
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Xanax 89,605 users)
Interactions between Prozac and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Xanax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Prozac and Xanaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prozac is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- i was taking 0.5 xanax and now blue xanax 1.0 just take half one and made my heart race and have felt sick for 2 days anybody else have this happen
- I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
- I took my xanax,opana er and dicflinac sodium 75 mg. My daughtet had to call 911 ..i wad having a severe allergic reaction
- I take 10 MG of Lexapro a day. Xanax as needed. I drug tested via swab last week and it came back positive for meth and amphetamines. Neither have i ever used in my life. The only other drug I took was a Zytrec D. I am baffled and need answers
- since starting sulfasalazine for joint pain, my depression is back and very bad. Does sulfasalazine exacerbate depression?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. For over 10 years I have taken a 25mg Zoloft daily for panic attacks and anxiety and for approximately 3 years I have taken .125mg alprazolam occasionally for anxiety.
- I take epilepsy medicine, lamotrigine 100mg twice daily. I don't sleep and have had problems in the past where I've been prescribed zopiclone and diazepam. Can xanax be taken with the medication I'm on? I don't know where to turn for help? Any advice would be so appreciated.
- I have been taking Trintellix for about 5 weeks, 20 mgs. daily. I would like to know if anyone had better reduction with their depression taking Trintellix 20 mgs. along with Prozac 40 mgs. daily. Did it help relieve depression better taken with Prozac or did the Trintellix work well without ...
- Hey all, I am 21 and have bipolar and anxiety. Have been on xanax as needed for 3 years and just starting latuda after being on risperidone for 2 years
- Hi, Could anyone let me know if there is any chance of recovering my sense of taste. I was taking Prozac (fluoxetine) for over a year and lost my sense of taste. I stopped taking the antidepressants just over a year ago and still not recovered my taste. Could anyone let me know if they have ...