Rifampin and Isoniazid drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Rifampin and Isoniazid together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Rifampin and Isoniazid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,003 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 28, 2017
1,003 people who take Rifampin, Isoniazid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Rifampin and Isoniazid?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRifampin and Isoniazid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Rifampin has active ingredients of rifampin. It is often used in tuberculosis. (latest outcomes from Rifampin 3,639 users)
Isoniazid has active ingredients of isoniazid. It is often used in tuberculosis. (latest outcomes from Isoniazid 11,053 users)
Interactions between Rifampin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Isoniazid and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Rifampin and Isoniazida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Rifampin (rifampin) is often used to treat tuberculosis. Isoniazid (isoniazid) is often used to treat tuberculosis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Rifampin is used in:
- Isoniazid is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Has anyone experienced any side effects of taking rifampin 600mg and Plaquenil together.
- I've been on this medication for six months, I've only experienced the hair loss this past month and a half. I have lost half of my hair already in the period of a month and a half. will my hair grow back? Should I stop taking this medication?
- Hi I've recently found out that im hiv + with CD4 232 and was forced to start treatment tenofovir disoproxil,emtricitabine and efavirenz in one tablets,before starting treatment i had no symtomps but now i have devoloped rash al over my body since starting arvs. On my 3rd month visit at ...
- Extremely itchy rash, tiredness loss of appetite, sleeping paralysis and weakened immune system but still healthy
- Hello I just started to take isoniazid 2 months ago and as soon I started taking it I'm having pain on my both knees mostly in the left one and weighing some weight as well and Imsomnia. Now i been telling my doctor about this symptoms and think that is because of the medication and he says NO! ...
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking Isoniazid for just a week. I am experiencing hip and leg pain which is extremely painful and dibilitating. Has anyone else experienced this and how long will it last. Also should I contact my hospital doctor?
- Hi so I have non-tuberculosis mycobacteria I'm on three different medications one being rifampin I'm back on my Lexapro instead of the Zoloft which I really didn't feel I was getting relief from just wanted to say hi to the group
- I had a seizure in January & that is how I found out about having hypoglycemia. I've been on Rifampin for 8 months now & don't know when I will be able to get off of it.
- I have been taking Isoniazid for about a week, and I am already bloating up. Does anyone know why the weight gain. Besides the bloating and swelling, I am experiencing several more side affects. I have to take this for nine months. Don't think I am going to make it.
- I have UC and latent TB for which I am receiving isoniazid for 9 months. Since on isoniazid my UC has gotten much worse. Today is one of my really bad days with UC.