Risperdal and Aricept drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Risperdal and Aricept together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Risperdal and Aricept. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 810 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 26, 2017
810 people who take Risperdal, Aricept are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Risperdal and Aricept?
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperdal 76,055 users)
Aricept has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in alzheimer's disease. (latest outcomes from Aricept 19,376 users)
Interactions between Risperdal and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Aricept and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Risperdal and Aricepta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Risperdal (risperidone) is often used to treat schizophrenia. Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride) is often used to treat dementia alzheimer's type. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Risperdal is used in:
- Aricept is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Does anyone else experience worse pain at night? My tongue swells up and is very painful. The white patches are worse at night and when I first wake up. I wake up from the pain almost every night.
- My son 9 yrs old has been on concerta and risperadal for a while. His doctor can't seem to get a good schedule/regime down to get a happy medium for him and me. He was taking concerta 54+18 in the morning and risperadal 1mg and 10mg Prozac,intinuv 2mg. The concerta does not last the 12 hours it ...
- Am sick of the above feeling, it is pretty much constant. Have been taking Risperdal Consta for about five years. The side effects seem to have co-incident with this. Any help appreciated, solutions, or am I actually suffering from something else I should get checked out? Steven
- I was given Risperdal off label for anxiety associated with Bipolar Disorder. As a result I had bladder insufficiency such that I had to wear Depends 24/7 (I was in my early 50s at the time and am 62 now). I think that I took it for 2 years or so. After I stopped, I still had this side effect ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I've been on risperdal for over 2years and I've had a personality change for sure. I'm tapering off now.
- My name is Irene I live in Australia .I was taking risperdal medication for a year I was worse taking it. I was suicidial I have had 7 lypomas cut out and need triple more to be cut out.i have lots more bad things wrong with me from taking the medication risperdal
- I'm currently tapering off of risperdal. It has caused anhedonia, depression, brain fog, cognitive issues, flat emotions. It's horrible. I want to connect with others who are suffering and hopefully people who have recovered upon discontinuation of use.
- Just 2+ weeks ago, the doctor prescribed my 91 year old Dad prescribed 20 mg of Fluoxetine and now the doctor is prescribing 10 mg of Donepezil. All my Dad does is sleep and we are going to try switching the Fluoxetine to PM (instead of AM). I don't want my Dad to start taking the newly ...
- I have taken Keppra for several years now. I have just added Aricept and feel like I am having a reaction. I took Aricept for a very short time several years ago before I was taking Keppra and did not have interactions. Anyone else have an issue with Keppra and Aricept