Ritalin and Wellbutrin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Ritalin and Wellbutrin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Ritalin and Wellbutrin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,890 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Feb, 23, 2017
1,890 people who take Ritalin, Wellbutrin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Ritalin and Wellbutrin?
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 16,025 users)
Wellbutrin has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Wellbutrin 70,973 users)
Interactions between Ritalin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Wellbutrin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Ritalin and Wellbutrina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Ritalin is used in:
- Wellbutrin is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- I have had headaches, which drs have thought were migraines, since age 14-15 and I'm 50 now. Although there have been stages of relief, they have only gotten worse of the course of my lifetime. Since the 90s when Imitrex cam out I have had quite a bit of success with relief from each headache ...
- Did this help with anyone's tumors or narcolepsy please let me know
- Curious about other people's experience of the interaction between doxycycline and Ritalin
- My son is on 7 mg of tegretol daily. We have just gone to the paediatrician for learning issues and where prescribed Ritalin . This drug is listed on the mims as not being able to be mixed. The doctor has said there will be no issue. Has anyone combined these 2 drugs in a similar situation?
- Daily, I have been taking Lexapro for 11 years; Protonix for 5 years; and Wellbutrin for 6 months. For debilitating pain in my left knee, which has had three major surgeries, including a bone graft, I take Vicodin, 750 mg. If I need a Vicodin, I will take it before bed. Recently, I experienced ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I cannot seem to catch my breath and my heart rate is extremely slow, to the point that I have difficulty finding my own pulse and I can't seem to stay still...anybody know how long I should try and wait out these side effects?
- I have been on Wellbutrin for three months now. I haven't had a period since I started taking it. I went back to the doctor yesterday and called and told me I popped positive on two urine pregnancy tests that they did. There is no possible way I am pregnant.
- I have been on Wellbutrin for about 2-1/2 months now. Over this time period I have noticed that my major joints of lower back, both hips, both knees and leg muscles started hurting and have grown intensely! My doctor said just stop taking it! But according to the pharmacy supplement notes that ...
- I've been on Wellbutrin going on 3 weeks and it's helping but I'm having irregular heartbeats and I'm scared it's damaging my heart.
- Hi I have taken wellbutrin for a very long time. It worked wonderful until menopause hit. When I take it with tiazac I feel spacey, can anyone relate