Rituxan and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Rituxan and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Rituxan and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,243 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 22, 2017
1,243 people who take Rituxan, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Rituxan and Benadryl?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRituxan and Benadryl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Rituxan has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Rituxan 22,322 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,079 users)
Interactions between Rituxan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Rituxan and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Rituxan (rituximab) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Rituxan is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
- I took them together and I want to know is that why I'm having diarrhea.
- Want to know if any connection between UTI and taking Benadryl.
- Aggravated Muscle weakness that keeps me up at night, could be the drugs. insomnia, anxiety in the morning, OCD.
- I am 50 years old and have been on rituxan for 8 months with 4 treatments so far. Last night I was diagnosed with diverticulitis at the er. I am interested in hearing other people's experiences and what they are doing for preventative steps to avoid future episodes of diverticulitis.
User reviews to the study
- Should you take Benadryl for an allergy when you have multiple pulmonary embolisms, pulmonary hypertension, I am now on 24 hour oxygen as of Tuesday, May 23, the right chamber of my heart is markedly enlarged and a history of of other heart issues i.e., stent placement in the LAD and ...
- My mother was switched from Remicaide to Rituxin and very soon after lost her vision. Has anyone else had the same outcome?
- I have been taking Benadryl for several years for allergy. I also have taken large doses of it over a few years when I had anaphylactic shock from a cancer pill. After getting off the cancer pill, it took a few years to get over the severe allergic reactions. It was during this time that my ...
- I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
- Everytime I take benadryl.. I bleed! I have a birth control rod in my arm just replaced about 7mths ago so going on 4yrs on this type of b.c. guess I should not take benadryl. They have no warning about bleeding while on birth control on the package but should be making America aware by labels!!