Simvastatin and Amlodipine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Simvastatin and Amlodipine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Simvastatin and Amlodipine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,207 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
11,207 people who take Simvastatin, Amlodipine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Simvastatin and Amlodipine?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSimvastatin and Amlodipine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 149,078 users)
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Amlodipine 116,737 users)
Interactions between Simvastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Amlodipine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Simvastatin and Amlodipinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Amlodipine (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Simvastatin is used in:
- Amlodipine is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I take 300 mg of milk thistle once a day at noon and take simvastatin 10 mg once a day in evening at about 10 pm
- I was put on simvastatin in June 2017. Aug 25 2017 I woke up with double vision. Had Ct scan, MRI w/contrast, ultrasound of corodid artery and several blood tests all came back fine stopped simvastatin but still have diplopia how long will it last. Saw ophthalmologist also.
- My husband began taking amlodipine after he had raised blood pressure due to a blocked bladder. Since beginning about 5 weeks ago, he has developed tics which have become quite severe. He dropped the dose to 2.5 mg twice daily. His blood pressure has been consistently around 120/75. Has ...
- Has anyone experienced shaking leg while taking Simvastatin?
- 9.7 % eosinophils blood percentage (relative) Have gerd and ibs and I take cholesterol med and metoprolol from heart...worried about elevated wbc
User reviews to the study
- Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
- I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for a couple of years sporadically and it is really getting me down. I have previously sought treatment to rule out breast cancer Andy all tests have previously come back clear. I have been taking Simvastatin and a previous cholesterol drug ...
- Hi, I was on amlodopine for blood pressure reduction and now have oedema in one leg and cellulitis, which seems to be made worse by the swelling. Getting fed up with it!
- I am 57 yo MaleI just started taking Amlodipine for high blood pressure and i want to continue use of Nugenix for my wowrkouts, any suggestions
- 33 male, Toronto Canada Started taking amlodipine 8 months ago along with Chlorthalidone to treat high blood pressure. Dosage was upped 3 months ago from 1 pill to 1 1/2 pills daily (7.5mg) 2 months later diagnosed with "viral" pleurisy, unable to nail down why fluid is collecting under my ...