Simvastatin and Celexa drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Simvastatin and Celexa together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Simvastatin and Celexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,068 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 17, 2017
1,068 people who take Simvastatin, Celexa are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Simvastatin and Celexa?
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 144,725 users)
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Celexa 42,659 users)
Interactions between Simvastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Celexa and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Simvastatin and Celexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Celexa (citalopram hydrobromide) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Simvastatin is used in:
- Celexa is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hi. I just joined and am thinking of taking turmeric for arthritis and degeneratic disc disease. I am on 40 mg of Celexa per day. Is anyone on the same dosage taking turmeric? Any side effects?
- Has anyone experienced shaking leg while taking Simvastatin?
- i had severe attack of pancreatius requiring a 3 day hospital stay.
- 9.7 % eosinophils blood percentage (relative) Have gerd and ibs and I take cholesterol med and metoprolol from heart...worried about elevated wbc
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia if you are taking simvastatin ? Thank you
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have been taking tegretol for about seven months and celexa only for about 2. I've never joined a group like this but it would be great to hear from people taking the same med combo.
- Anyone experience terrible morning anxiety on 20 mg on Celexa. I have taken for 8 weeks and this is the worst side effect ever!
- I been taking simvastatin 40 mg for aprox 3 yrs. Have very bad ear ringing. It seems as if i am loosing my hearing . I cant hear people tgat yalk in low piych tone of voice.
- I have taken 80 mg. of Simvastatin since my open heart surgery in 2001. My rectal bleeding started 1 1/2 years ago when a Doctor prescribed Naproxen - that was followed by massive rectal hemorrhaging. My Doctor immediately stopped use of Naproxen, all aspirin and Simvastatin, and the bleeding ...
- Was on lovastatin and woke up one day with a speak delay. Had tests ran indicated that I didn't have a stroke or bleeding on the brain. Still am having trouble speaking. Does anyone know how long this will last?