Singulair and Macrobid drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Singulair and Macrobid together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Singulair and Macrobid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 164 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
164 people who take Singulair, Macrobid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Singulair and Macrobid?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSingulair and Macrobid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Singulair 69,933 users)
Macrobid has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Macrobid 5,410 users)
Interactions between Singulair and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Macrobid and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Singulair and Macrobida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Singulair (montelukast sodium) is often used to treat asthma. Macrobid (nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Singulair is used in:
- Macrobid is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I was recently diagnosed with CLL. I did not have any history of slightly elevated white blood cell count (19,000). My last unrelated blood work up for angiogram which very little blockage, not reguireing treatment. Also had adnormal bone marrow biopsy result. Started taking COQ10 stortly ...
- Hello, I'm a 63 y/o female who decided to wean off morphine (my decision) which was prescribed for post op (lobectomy of right lung) pain. I sustained nerve damage in surgery but am thankfully cured. Under Pain Management Doc care I am taking Clonidine and Morphine 15mg IR tabs. I'm just ...
- Excessive sweating, especially of my scalp, face, neck to the point that it runs off of my chin. When I walk from a fairly cool room (72 degrees) into a warmer room (80 degrees) the sweat starts rolling out of my hair, going into my eyes!! I'm a 58 year old female and have had this horrible ...
- I am starting a rash and would like to know if I can take Benadryl, I also have Zyrtec. Do not want to disturb the doctor unless necessary, it is 12 midnight
- Been wondering about my nausea and feeling of my throat tightening
User reviews to the study
- After taking Singular for 6 days, tingling hands and numbness occurred with no relief. Does this sensation go away in time?
- Is it safe to take acyclovir and macrobid pr together. I am taking acyclovir for genital herpes type 1 and macrobid for a urethritis.
- I had a uti and was prescribed macrobid and upon taking my second pill I had an anaphylactic reaction. My tongue, throat and face swelled, I had extreme itching in the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. I went to the ER.
- My son is 7 years now and he was taking singulair for almost 4 years but he stopped it eventually and he suffers now from alopecia areata. Is taking singulair related to have alopecia areata? and if so,? If he stopped taking singulair his hair will return back again?
- Been put on this med to help with chronic urticatia nothing is working to take hives away i am a bit scared because of all these bad side affects also suffer with allergies to some medications any help or advise please