Singulair and Vytorin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Singulair and Vytorin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Singulair and Vytorin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 517 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
517 people who take Singulair, Vytorin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Singulair and Vytorin?
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Singulair 67,797 users)
Vytorin has active ingredients of ezetimibe; simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Vytorin 17,197 users)
Interactions between Singulair and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Vytorin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Singulair and Vytorina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Singulair (montelukast sodium) is often used to treat asthma. Vytorin (ezetimibe; simvastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Singulair is used in:
- Vytorin is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- I have intense itching and think it's related to Vitorin. Anyone else experience this?
- Excessive sweating, especially of my scalp, face, neck to the point that it runs off of my chin. When I walk from a fairly cool room (72 degrees) into a warmer room (80 degrees) the sweat starts rolling out of my hair, going into my eyes!! I'm a 58 year old female and have had this horrible ...
- I am starting a rash and would like to know if I can take Benadryl, I also have Zyrtec. Do not want to disturb the doctor unless necessary, it is 12 midnight
- Been wondering about my nausea and feeling of my throat tightening
- My 3.5 years old daughter has been experiecing an involutional comunication problem which started 4 months ago. In the begining, she had allucinations that we believe was related to the montelukast - she had been taken it for at least 2 years. Does anybody in the group have psycotic problems ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hello Everyone, my name is Robbi Vee and I live in the Washington, DC area. I am prior military, now am a military spouse. I am also a thyroid cancer survivor of 10 years-WHOOHOO! However, I am still dealing will the ongoing challenges and frustrations of weight management! I am truly hoping I ...
- I am getting severe soreness and muscle aches and have been taking singular for about one year. I am interested in knowing if anyone else feels this or should I explore other reasons for this worsening soreness in my joints.
- had a cancerous tumor removed 6 months ago from my bladder. I was stage 1 and had not grown into the muscle tissue. Tumor removed and now every 3 months to be checked. I heard statins my cause cancer and then decided to check vytorin which I had been on for over 10 years. My check resulted ...
- I take 45mg mertazapine and 10 mg montelukast at night and have really vivid dreams, when i wake up in the morning its not a gradual wake up, more like a shock and sometimes im even shaking, it takes me some time to come around in the mornings trying to get the dreams in perspective with ...
- Hi, I currently take mertazapine 45mg and montelukast 10mg and am having awful vivid dreams, has anybody else had this taking this combination together?