Spironolactone and Torsemide drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Spironolactone and Torsemide together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Spironolactone and Torsemide. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,697 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
1,697 people who take Spironolactone, Torsemide are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Spironolactone and Torsemide?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSpironolactone and Torsemide from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Spironolactone 49,296 users)
Torsemide has active ingredients of torsemide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Torsemide 12,129 users)
Interactions between Spironolactone and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Torsemide and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Spironolactone and Torsemidea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Spironolactone (spironolactone) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Torsemide (torsemide) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Spironolactone is used in:
- Torsemide is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have read that Epleronone is an alternative, but my endocrinologist thinks it's less effective to control Conns and keep my hypertension down. However, I read that it doesn't elevate cortisol levels, while Spironolactone does. Any thoughts or ideas please?
- How long does it take to lose weight after quiting spironolactone?
- what is intraction b/n spronolactone
- I have Hep. C, which I'm hoping to be treated for, liver cirrossis, PAH but also a failing Gaul bladder which they cannot remove. I haven't been able to take any treatment for PAH, I've tried two so far, Tyveso ( inhaler ) and a pill they give to men for ED, can't remember the name. ...
User reviews to the study
- I started experiencing severe joint and muscle pain soon after I started taking aldactone. Is this common?
- I take 2 spironolactone per day since Feb. It has helped to balance my blood pressure. The only ptoblem is, dry throat. This is particularly hard for me because I am a musical performer and teacher. I sing 3 hours per day on the average and I'm 60 years old. I want to keep my voice...and I like ...
- one of my close relative female at the age 50 takes spironolactone since a long time.. recently she got pre diabetic. control the diabetic she takes Metformin.. need some information about how safe taking this to meditation. also, what is the good time to take them? is this 2 medication interact ...
- I am a 45 year old female experiencing breast tenderness, bruxism, and severe headaches. Been taking spiralactone for approximately 8 months for hormonal acne. I would like to stop the medication to see if the teeth clenching and headaches go away. I am also getting a custom night guard made to ...
- Have been on this drug for over a year, had more frequent Uli infections. The last 2 months have had one uti after another. Approximately 7 to 10 days after stopping antibiotic the uti was back. I have now stopped taking spironolaction. Will let you know if spironolaction was the problem.