Suboxone and Mucinex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Suboxone and Mucinex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Suboxone and Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 18, 2017
17 people who take Suboxone, Mucinex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Suboxone and Mucinex?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSuboxone and Mucinex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Suboxone has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Suboxone 17,543 users)
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 13,074 users)
Interactions between Suboxone and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Suboxone and Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Suboxone (buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride) is often used to treat drug dependence. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Suboxone is used in:
- Mucinex is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- On suboxone past 18 months. Low back pain. Sciatica. Within couple months of starting it, lymph nodes right below jawline presented themselves. No other meds. No tobacco use. Figured it could be due to sublingual film or tabs. Anyone else think taking suboxone could be a cause of this? Had ...
- Hi everybody! I'm reaching out as a mom of an amazing young woman (18 years old) who has suffered with widespread CRPS since she was 10. She has undergone inpatient rehab x 6 weeks and again for 2 weeks over the years utilizing the "Sherry" method-bootcamp-hell but, although she would initially ...
- Have any of you lost weight with taking suboxone and phentermine together?
- Took 1/2 of a 600mg Mucinex for 4 days straight. Developed severe back pain. It's been 5 days now. It's somewhat better but not much. Wondering how long the pain usually last?
User reviews to the study
- Hi everyone. Has it been proven that suboxone causes dysphasia? Any remedy aside from quitting the drug? Thank you K
- Hey my name is David and I used to have a friend who died after surgery on his cerebellum, he used to use Suboxone for a long time. I am using Suboxone for 8 years now I have pain on my cerebellum. Anyone has this type of pain? Thanks
- For months I have been looking for a solution to getting rid of gas and/diarrhea while taking Mucinex. I discovered it's related to diet. Milk, sugar, and starchy foods seem to cause the issues. I was stunned to discover that I can't tolerate milk, candy/cake and corn anymore, but I have to take ...
- I first noticed it felt like I was sitting on a lump in the couch and the burning after urination I have been on Cipro for three weeks and it doesn't seem much better Has anybody had the symptoms please help
- I am on a relatively low dose of subutex after having multiple surgeries and am in chronic pain which 8 mg of sub total a day helps. I am afraid because of all of my surgeries that if I need pain control, I will not be able to get it. I have been having chest pains recently from the subutex but ...