Sucralfate and Omeprazole drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Sucralfate and Omeprazole together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Sucralfate and Omeprazole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,293 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 17, 2017
1,293 people who take Sucralfate, Omeprazole are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Sucralfate and Omeprazole?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSucralfate and Omeprazole from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sucralfate has active ingredients of sucralfate. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Sucralfate 7,338 users)
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 181,308 users)
Interactions between Sucralfate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Omeprazole and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Sucralfate and Omeprazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Sucralfate (sucralfate) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Omeprazole (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Sucralfate is used in:
- Omeprazole is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- i was taking omeprazole from 2008 to 2017 when a pharmacist suggested that I should switch to something else. During this time I also was, and still am taking ramipril and celexa. Is there a way to ascertain if my poor word recall, memory issues, are a result of omeprazole. Now that I have ...
- Recently had a positive THC UA sample, does anyone have any information that validates this med can cause false positives?
- Hi! 36 year old male, with chronic non bacterial prostatitis, and GERD. Changed my life in six months, new diet, exercises, and lost 40lbs...now weight 159 which is correct BMI :). However, prostatitis has been killing me for 4 months, no answers, no results from antibiotics, alpha blockers, ...
- Any helpful suggestions for reducing fluid retention?
- Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
User reviews to the study
- Hi all, I am a 34 year old female that has been on Omeprazole for a while now for frequent heartburn. Over the last 5 years, I have also been put on corticosteroids for various issues. 1 time was for a tendon issue, 1 time for severe allergic reaction and 1 time for bronchitis. The last time I ...
- Hi, I take Prilosec need to take Blood pressure med Atenol also makes me nervous to do? How do you take your med doses , separate or together? I take Thyroid meds scared to take all these. Help
- Im started having rls 3 months ago when taking omeprazole. The rls is worse than the ulcer symptoms. I quit Omeprazole but still have rls. Im wondering for how long cause its terrible
- My sweet husband has taken omeprazole for many years now & some days his breath smells a bit...stale😕 He is diligent about his dental hygiene, brushing everyday & flossing often. He sees the dentist every 6 months too. -I'm feeling frustrated & decided to write about it here to possibly find ...
- Hi, I was wonderng if anyone had any solutions or ways to deal with or ease the dizziness symptoms brought on by Omeprazole / PPI's. I have trouble taking PPI primarily due to dizziness associated with them as a side effect. HOWEVER, they do seem to help me cope with my stomach issues ...