Sudafed and Intuniv drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Sudafed and Intuniv together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Sudafed and Intuniv. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
2 people who take Sudafed, Intuniv are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Sudafed and Intuniv?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSudafed and Intuniv from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sudafed has active ingredients of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in nasal congestion. (latest outcomes from Sudafed 8,167 users)
Intuniv has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Intuniv 1,951 users)
Interactions between Sudafed and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Intuniv and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Sudafed and Intuniva b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) is often used to treat sinus congestion. Intuniv (guanfacine hydrochloride) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Sudafed is used in:
- Intuniv is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Has anyone found Intuniv to cause bad side affects like regression of skills such as walking around objects or walking unattended.
- My 6 yo has had constipation issues since she was an infant. She is on a daily dose of miralax that keeps her pretty regular, but since the Intuniv she is backing up. We had spill over all weekend and finally dosed her with an enema on Sunday. It seemed to work but now Tuesday it looks like ...
User reviews to the study
- I have 1 child of 16 years with autism and aggressive behavior. I just gave this month up to 4 mg intuniv and taking risperidone (4mg. 2.mg .0.75mg) and depakine (500mg .500mg). But lowering the dose of risperidone has made it much worse. And also hungry all day., Does anyone know if the ...
- I would like to join on behalf of my son who is on Intuniv and has symptoms of POTS. We just were able to put pieces of the puzzle together to realize he has POTS :(
- Yeah, I'm on Zoloft 100mg Zubzov. 0.70 mg Atenolol 25mg And just started Intumiv 2mg 1x @ night(4days ago) Over The last 4 weeks my heart has been off and on palipatating, racing and hurting. Now the last 3 night my heart pain and herring has been amplified. I'm exhausted all day and ...
- just started taking Lipitor 5 days ago, however in the past i have taken sudafed only when needed, if there a sighteffect that is bad, like it would send me to the hospital I am talking about 1/2 a tablet of a 120mg sudafed.
- I have a cold and want to take pseudephedrine for a few days. I currently take Azilect daily. What kind of interaction might I expect? Phenylephrine is ineffective.