Sulfamethoxazole and Naproxen drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Sulfamethoxazole and Naproxen together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Sulfamethoxazole and Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 94 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 24, 2017
94 people who take Sulfamethoxazole, Naproxen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Sulfamethoxazole and Naproxen?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSulfamethoxazole and Naproxen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sulfamethoxazole has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Sulfamethoxazole 3,670 users)
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,779 users)
Interactions between Sulfamethoxazole and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Naproxen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Sulfamethoxazole and Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Sulfamethoxazole (sulfamethoxazole) is often used to treat prophylaxis. Naproxen (naproxen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Sulfamethoxazole is used in:
- Naproxen is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I've for a few months now had hard round stools sometime like grapes and this all started when I started on Naproxen and Tylenol for a neck injury. All comments appreciated
- Is it possible to reverse the affects of Naproxen which caused me to miss my periods immediately and go through premenepause at the age of 42?
- I have been taking this drug about 1 week and I have gain weight feel bloated is that natural of this medication?
- how can one leg and toes be freezing cold and the other leg be hot and swollen
- A friend of mine took methamphedamine and naproxen will there be any side effects
User reviews to the study
- Hi! I am 52 year old female with Naproxen related extrapyramidal symptoms happened twice. The use of this particular drug is the only similar drug related precondition for the symptoms leading to ER. But I have also taken Naproxen without the symptoms, so maybe hypoglycemia and migraine have ...
- Ive been taking Naproxen on and off for arthritis since Oct 14. Had my first mini shock in July 15. The last really bad shock was end of March 17. Ive now stopped taking it as was suspecting Naproxen was the cause. How long will it take to leave my system, if at all? Now on Fexofenedine for ...
- I have been on Naproxen for more than 5 weeks due to gout, and I feel tired. Any luck with using this drug against gout?
- I have been taking naproxen for the past 7 years and have recently developed itching. Any suggestions?
- I couldn't figure out why I kept failing urine tests for amphetamine. I am 52 yrs old and do not take any form of prescription drug. There are only two over the counter drugs I take, Naproxen for muscle and sciatic nerve pains, and Excedrin (rarely) for headaches. Does anyone know how many ...