Symbicort and Mucinex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Symbicort and Mucinex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Symbicort and Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 579 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
579 people who take Symbicort, Mucinex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Symbicort and Mucinex?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSymbicort and Mucinex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Symbicort has active ingredients of budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Symbicort 46,974 users)
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 13,074 users)
Interactions between Symbicort and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Symbicort and Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Symbicort (budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate) is often used to treat asthma. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Symbicort is used in:
- Mucinex is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Just made aware that there maybe a corralation between the two . I was diagnosed 5 years ago and am just now finding this out . Am I ALONE ?
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- I am going to come off this awful inhaler, I have never felt so rough in all my days. Whilst it was great when asthma was severe, as a controller, it stopped my symptoms and I could breathe but now I think it is rubbish. I am feeling terrible. I get tight chested, and feel out of it and really ...
- Took 1/2 of a 600mg Mucinex for 4 days straight. Developed severe back pain. It's been 5 days now. It's somewhat better but not much. Wondering how long the pain usually last?
- rib cage muscle spasms usually after a hospital stay for copd. that would involve the IV form of prednisone.
User reviews to the study
- For months I have been looking for a solution to getting rid of gas and/diarrhea while taking Mucinex. I discovered it's related to diet. Milk, sugar, and starchy foods seem to cause the issues. I was stunned to discover that I can't tolerate milk, candy/cake and corn anymore, but I have to take ...
- Just joined your group. I have c=vocal cord paralysis and just wondering how much symbicord gas to do with it. And also I am wondering if anyone has been curred or any tios on how to help ease these problems. thank you.
- I was beginning to wonder where the hot flashes come from as I am a 63 year old lady knowing been through menopause should be having hot flashes and I just pulled up on Symbicort find out it makes you have hot flashes and I don't understand why if anybody's got an answer please return the answer
- I have been to so many doctors and not one has mentioned the connection to taking Symbicort and Spiriva. When I showed the hematologist the purpura on my arm, he said go see a dermatologist. Has anyone gone to a doctor who made the connection?
- Lung function 31%. 2 hospitalizations since Jan 2017. Diagnosis Scleroferma. Copd IC IBS Pneumothorax (2012) Right side heart enlargement