Symbicort and Serevent drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Symbicort and Serevent together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Symbicort and Serevent. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 110 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
110 people who take Symbicort, Serevent are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Symbicort and Serevent?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSymbicort and Serevent from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Symbicort has active ingredients of budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Symbicort 46,974 users)
Serevent has active ingredients of salmeterol xinafoate. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Serevent 13,807 users)
Interactions between Symbicort and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Serevent and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Symbicort and Sereventa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Symbicort (budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate) is often used to treat asthma. Serevent (salmeterol xinafoate) is often used to treat asthma. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Symbicort is used in:
- Serevent is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Just made aware that there maybe a corralation between the two . I was diagnosed 5 years ago and am just now finding this out . Am I ALONE ?
- I was taking Salmeterol Xinafoate for a couple of months...I had some type of overdose reaction (perhaps increased serum levels) and since then my body has gone through some awful things. During and after, I've developed widespread myofascial pain, headaches, abdominal pains, cataracts and an ...
- I am going to come off this awful inhaler, I have never felt so rough in all my days. Whilst it was great when asthma was severe, as a controller, it stopped my symptoms and I could breathe but now I think it is rubbish. I am feeling terrible. I get tight chested, and feel out of it and really ...
- rib cage muscle spasms usually after a hospital stay for copd. that would involve the IV form of prednisone.
- Is there long term side effect of taking sertraline and symbicort together. I have symbicort on standby since 2013 only for emergency normally when i have cough because cough triggers my ashtma and I cough non stop until i inhale symbicort. I was put on sertraline on November if 2015 and now ...
User reviews to the study
- Just joined your group. I have c=vocal cord paralysis and just wondering how much symbicord gas to do with it. And also I am wondering if anyone has been curred or any tios on how to help ease these problems. thank you.
- I was beginning to wonder where the hot flashes come from as I am a 63 year old lady knowing been through menopause should be having hot flashes and I just pulled up on Symbicort find out it makes you have hot flashes and I don't understand why if anybody's got an answer please return the answer
- I have been to so many doctors and not one has mentioned the connection to taking Symbicort and Spiriva. When I showed the hematologist the purpura on my arm, he said go see a dermatologist. Has anyone gone to a doctor who made the connection?
- Lung function 31%. 2 hospitalizations since Jan 2017. Diagnosis Scleroferma. Copd IC IBS Pneumothorax (2012) Right side heart enlargement
- Ive had grand mals since i was,6.Started getting copd over 10 years agonoow severe,hadcancer in 2014 ruined chance of transplant.on oxyjen 24 7 .Beenon ventilator4x at hospital have trouble doing anything physical now..worried pone of these days not going to wake after seizzure.