Tegretol and Ibuprofen drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Tegretol and Ibuprofen together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Tegretol and Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 370 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 08, 2017
370 people who take Tegretol, Ibuprofen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Tegretol and Ibuprofen?
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Tegretol 33,336 users)
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 103,681 users)
Interactions between Tegretol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ibuprofen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Tegretol and Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Tegretol (carbamazepine) is often used to treat epilepsy. Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Tegretol is used in:
- Ibuprofen is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
- My son is on 7 mg of tegretol daily. We have just gone to the paediatrician for learning issues and where prescribed Ritalin . This drug is listed on the mims as not being able to be mixed. The doctor has said there will be no issue. Has anyone combined these 2 drugs in a similar situation?
- Aggravated Muscle weakness that keeps me up at night, could be the drugs. insomnia, anxiety in the morning, OCD.
- I had to stop taking tegretol suddenly due to liver inflammation. I now have significant olfactory problems. Will this go away when I am over the withdrawal? Would it help to start taking a bit again so the withdrawal isn't so sudden?
- I had to stop taking tegretol suddenly due to liver inflammation. I now have significant olfactory problems. Will this go away when I am over the withdrawal?
You may be interested in these reviews
- HI I have been suffering from burning mouth syndrome for one year. I am trying to find the cause and the possibility of it ending...I took Ibuprofren for at least a month while I was having dental work, I had a rough root canal and a tooth pulled...after the root canal I started taking ...
- I have been taking tegretol for about seven months and celexa only for about 2. I've never joined a group like this but it would be great to hear from people taking the same med combo.
- I have severed swollen upper eyelids worse in the morning. Anyone feel ibuprofen could be responsible?
- I have been taking Brufen for the last 2 month and have had some loss of taste for the last 4 weeks, (dose 1600mg day) I just wonder if this is to blame Ibuprofen for ?
- Had acute pancreatitis recently and severe abdominal pain. My enzyme levels were very high I was admitted to hospital and put on a drip and scanned by ultrasound and CT. Nothing untoward was found and after being on a drip I was allowed home. Three months prior to this I had pain in my gall ...