Tikosyn and Methotrexate drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Tikosyn and Methotrexate together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Tikosyn and Methotrexate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
39 people who take Tikosyn, Methotrexate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Tikosyn and Methotrexate?
Tikosyn has active ingredients of dofetilide. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Tikosyn 8,765 users)
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 226,881 users)
Interactions between Tikosyn and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Methotrexate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Tikosyn and Methotrexatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Tikosyn (dofetilide) is often used to treat atrial fibrillation/flutter. Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Tikosyn is used in:
- Methotrexate is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have a terrible chest cold and congestion - any safe over the counter drug I can take with Tikosyn that will help? I have Mucinex but worried about taking it and it's the weekend, so can't reach my Dr.
- I started a low dose (10 mg) of methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis last week and noticed this week, after taking my second does, that my face is breaking out. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I also take 5 mg of folic acid daily. Thanks for any help you can offer up.
- Not sure what where to go with this. I have fibromyalgia and relapsing polchondritus also a disability from va.. I have my flares mostly under control. As well as what to do when they become apparent. After many years on pharmaceuticals I went a different direction. With medical marijauna. ...
- I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
- Hi there, My names Adele I am 41 and have RA. I had my Gall Bladder removed in March of this year due to stones and constant infections. 2 years ago I stopped taking MTX subcutaneous and unfortunately my RA has progressed to a point I have (today) re-started these. I have headache, nausea and ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I am 72 year old woman about to Take 12.5 mg of methotrexate once week and 40 mg of Lipitor daily . Anyone have side effects from this dosage?
- Hi there, I have advanced RH, no medications for over past 12 years. Had an extreme flare up a few months back so went to rheumatologist who has prescribed 10 mg methotrexate, weekly and daily palquil, 5mg prednisone and 2x weekly folic acid. I have been on them nearly 3 months now. This ...
- Just came off methotrexate as it doesn't make me feel the same as I was before taking it! Also current urine infections
- Ive been taking methatrexate for 7 months 20mg as a single weekly dose,....This was upped to 30mg as it didn't seem to be working as well as expected,...Iv'e only taken the 30mg dose twice then cut it back myself because of increasing breathlessness to 20mg again,...I ...
- I'm getting ready to go in the hospital next week and be put on it.. I'm very concerned about the weight gain.. I have been on solalol for three years and put on 30 lbs.. Hard to get off.. I sure don't want to put on more