Trileptal and Norvasc drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Trileptal and Norvasc together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Trileptal and Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 253 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 26, 2017
253 people who take Trileptal, Norvasc are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Trileptal and Norvasc?
Trileptal has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Trileptal 16,604 users)
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 104,196 users)
Interactions between Trileptal and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Norvasc and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Trileptal and Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Trileptal (oxcarbazepine) is often used to treat epilepsy. Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Trileptal is used in:
- Norvasc is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have gain weight while on Trileptal. I have tried everything to loose the weight but nothing works. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do. Thanks
- Taking lamictal for silent seizures or sudden rush of memory! anyone else with the memory rushes!
- My daughter was recently prescribed celexa 30mg with trileptol 300mg twice daily for an attemped suicide she is 15, was diagnosed while in the mental health hospital with adolescent depression and anxiety.She has now been on this medicine for 2 weeks and is shaky and extremely lightheaded also ...
- I have carpal tunnel syndrome, pretty much under control with ibuprofen. The nurse practitioner wants to add Norvasc (amlodipine) 5mg to my lisinopril for high blood pressure.
- I'm curious about success stories of kids with RAD who are taking trileptal for rages and outbursts but have not been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
You may be interested in these reviews
- 4/27/17 first seizure..grand mal 5/5/17. Started keppra 500mg BID 5/10/17. MRI showed something on brain 5/22/17 4 partial seizures Keppra increased to 750mg BID 5/2317. 6 partial seizures 5/24/17 2 partial seizure... admitted to hospital told was a tumor over motor cord given 1500 mg ...
- What are the side effects for prevpac and amlodipine besylate? First time taking this. What do i expect? If i need an approval from my doc, it must be a reason
- 8 yr old granddaughter on these.her father is ADHD,not on meds.she is dignosed ADHD and bi polar?she takes trileptal 2 times a day an concerta in the am only.she is a genius!2nd grader reading at 8th grade level.her dad same way! But she is wide open zooming,spreading at light speed.she lives ...
- I started Trileptal 150mg 3 x a day and now 300 mg. 3 x a day. I get very sleepy and end up sleeping alot. Veey frustrating! I am 60 years of age.
- Just went to the Derm...have all the symptoms butterfly rash exacerbated by the sun...waiting for my Ana test next week face is very hot with slight rash...been on Oxycarbaphine for pain for 6+ years...has worked fabulously for my TN type 2...welcome any thoughts...thx...Gerry