Trileptal and Norvasc drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Trileptal and Norvasc together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Trileptal and Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 255 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 30, 2017
255 people who take Trileptal, Norvasc are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Trileptal and Norvasc?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTrileptal and Norvasc from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Trileptal has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Trileptal 16,950 users)
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 105,681 users)
Interactions between Trileptal and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Norvasc and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Trileptal and Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Trileptal (oxcarbazepine) is often used to treat epilepsy. Norvasc (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Trileptal is used in:
- Norvasc is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been taking NORVASC 5 mg. daily for several years. Now I have been diagnosed with atypical parkinson's. So far, PSP has been ruled out. Does NORVASC along with LISINOPRIL40 MG. daily and BYSTOLIC 1O MG daily cause or contribute to unsteady gait, difficulty speaking and confusion?
- I have gain weight while on Trileptal. I have tried everything to loose the weight but nothing works. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do. Thanks
- Taking lamictal for silent seizures or sudden rush of memory! anyone else with the memory rushes!
- My daughter was recently prescribed celexa 30mg with trileptol 300mg twice daily for an attemped suicide she is 15, was diagnosed while in the mental health hospital with adolescent depression and anxiety.She has now been on this medicine for 2 weeks and is shaky and extremely lightheaded also ...
- I have carpal tunnel syndrome, pretty much under control with ibuprofen. The nurse practitioner wants to add Norvasc (amlodipine) 5mg to my lisinopril for high blood pressure.
User reviews to the study
- Before taking Amlodipine my wife had a series of questions for the doctor who recommended that I take it. I asked the Dr if I had his consent to record my questions and his answers in regards to the safety of taking this medication. Prior to taking 5mg Amlodipine I have never been on any drug ...
- 4/27/17 first seizure..grand mal 5/5/17. Started keppra 500mg BID 5/10/17. MRI showed something on brain 5/22/17 4 partial seizures Keppra increased to 750mg BID 5/2317. 6 partial seizures 5/24/17 2 partial seizure... admitted to hospital told was a tumor over motor cord given 1500 mg ...
- What are the side effects for prevpac and amlodipine besylate? First time taking this. What do i expect? If i need an approval from my doc, it must be a reason
- 8 yr old granddaughter on these.her father is ADHD,not on meds.she is dignosed ADHD and bi polar?she takes trileptal 2 times a day an concerta in the am only.she is a genius!2nd grader reading at 8th grade level.her dad same way! But she is wide open zooming,spreading at light speed.she lives ...
- I started Trileptal 150mg 3 x a day and now 300 mg. 3 x a day. I get very sleepy and end up sleeping alot. Veey frustrating! I am 60 years of age.