Truvada and Kaletra drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Truvada and Kaletra together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Truvada and Kaletra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,981 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 23, 2017
2,981 people who take Truvada, Kaletra are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Truvada and Kaletra?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTruvada and Kaletra from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Truvada has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Truvada 18,474 users)
Kaletra has active ingredients of lopinavir; ritonavir. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Kaletra 17,353 users)
Interactions between Truvada and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Kaletra and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Truvada and Kaletraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Truvada (emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) is often used to treat hiv infection. Kaletra (lopinavir; ritonavir) is often used to treat hiv infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Truvada is used in:
- Kaletra is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I take Truvada 15 days and stop it. I become on 7th day from the start blur vision and slight stiffness in the neck. Is that reversibly an how mutch time I need to have back my clear vision ? Must go to oftalmologyst ot take something medicine ?
- Does anyone have any issues with this topic or take this med and suffer from chronic hypothermia? My wife has been on it and has had this problem for 16 years.
- I have very bad tooth infection and my dentist told me to take penicillin can I take it I'm worried that gonna interact with the pep drugs
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hey guys I have been taking Prep for the second time and been taking truvada.. it's a second trimester and this time I have experienced severe hair loss in blotches .. is this normal.. I have just finished my 28 days course. Am so worried and stressed out about this. Has anyone experienced ...
- Every time I take truvada after a week I start to get terrible stomach aches and a bloody stool, I can't discontinue because now I'm on pep :(
- Been on truvada for almost a year and Viagra stopped working for me and cialis seems no better. Is truvada the problem? I'm 59 and otherwise in very good health.
- Hello - I have been taking Truvada for 4 months now and recently discovered this group who seems to be concerned about the interactions of this medication with other herbal supplements, such as Milk Thistle. I would love to find out from each one of you what's your input about this. Thank you!
- I am on a PEP course with Kaletra and Combivir. during my 22 day of my pep treatment, i experienced bowel obstruction and mild fever...I am so afraid right now...