Turmeric and Synthroid drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Turmeric and Synthroid together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Turmeric and Synthroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 144 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
144 people who take Turmeric, Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Turmeric and Synthroid?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTurmeric and Synthroid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Turmeric has active ingredients of turmeric. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from Turmeric 2,200 users)
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 149,659 users)
Interactions between Turmeric and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Synthroid and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Turmeric and Synthroida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Turmeric (turmeric) is often used to treat inflammation. Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Turmeric is used in:
- Synthroid is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I want to start taking tumeric for my extreme joint pain, but I'm worried I might experience a dangerous drop in blood sugar since I also take metformin. Metformin has worked well for me, keeping my a1c at about 5.8. My joint pain is pretty bad and has been extremely painful lately. Does anyone ...
- Could Tumeric andCircumin cause irritated throat and regurgitation?
- Is there any interaction taking these three together? I have a herniated disc C6 & C7 due to MVA and hates medications. Also don't want steroid injections or surgery. Would like help on what I can do naturally without putting bad stuff in my body. Please help. Seeing Acupuncturist ...
- Is It ok To Take Apple Cider Vinegar When You Are Taking Synthroid ?
- Hi. I just joined and am thinking of taking turmeric for arthritis and degeneratic disc disease. I am on 40 mg of Celexa per day. Is anyone on the same dosage taking turmeric? Any side effects?
User reviews to the study
- Hi, 50 year old male, typically excellent health. Triglyceride levels throughout my life have always been
- I have Osteoarthritis in left ankle and DVT in left leg... and wanting to know more about taking Xarelto and tumerit and ginger...
- I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
- I have been taking tumeric capsules for about 2 months and I bought a new mattress. I can feel something moving inside the mattress. Everyone is saying it's all in my head, I know what I feel. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
- Trying to reduce Cholesterol, With Lithium. But Scared, Just recently took Niacin prescribed by doc and it washed my meds out of system. He refuses that Niacin was the cause. I have proof it did. Now Im afraid to even take supplements. Trying to reduce by food. Tumeric is on the list on my new ...