Unisom and Prozac drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Unisom and Prozac together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Unisom and Prozac. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 16, 2017
36 people who take Unisom, Prozac are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Unisom and Prozac?
Unisom has active ingredients of doxylamine succinate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Unisom 1,501 users)
Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Prozac 59,614 users)
Interactions between Unisom and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Prozac and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Unisom and Prozaca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Unisom (doxylamine succinate) is often used to treat insomnia. Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Unisom is used in:
- Prozac is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I took one some 350 and wanted to take a unison doxitrine (spelled wrong) 25mg to sleep. Is it safe to take both?
- Presented with 70% total paralysis. Potassium was 1.7. Muscle enzymes were over 4000. Daily meds before symptoms presented-celexa, ambien, OxyContin, unisom. Consumed 12-15 cans of Coca Cola per day. I have stopped all cokes. What is my prognosis according to other patients with similar symptoms ...
- I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
- since starting sulfasalazine for joint pain, my depression is back and very bad. Does sulfasalazine exacerbate depression?
- I recently received a false posative hair stat with grave consequences. I was hoping someone could help
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have had a pacemaker for two years and at my recent check I am running at 75% usage (up from 19% six months ago). Because i feel fatigue and gaining weight my Dr ordered a Echo gram and suggests I may need a third wire. I take a generic Unisom for sleep and wonder if this causing a problem?
- I have been taking Trintellix for about 5 weeks, 20 mgs. daily. I would like to know if anyone had better reduction with their depression taking Trintellix 20 mgs. along with Prozac 40 mgs. daily. Did it help relieve depression better taken with Prozac or did the Trintellix work well without ...
- Hi, Could anyone let me know if there is any chance of recovering my sense of taste. I was taking Prozac (fluoxetine) for over a year and lost my sense of taste. I stopped taking the antidepressants just over a year ago and still not recovered my taste. Could anyone let me know if they have ...
- I have been taking unison for about 10 yrs nightly to sleep....recently stopped taking when i got pneumonia 6 wks ago. I have had nothing but trouble since! sinusitis, MRI MRA, migraine (?) ......I am now convinced it is unison withdrawal. What is the fix?? HELP please! Kathleen
- I was on 20mg Fluoxetine, and 2 months ago put on 40mg. Since then do I have constant pins and needles all over body and hands and feet burn.