Valacyclovir and Naproxen drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Valacyclovir and Naproxen together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Valacyclovir and Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 93 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
93 people who take Valacyclovir, Naproxen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Valacyclovir and Naproxen?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeValacyclovir and Naproxen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Valacyclovir has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in herpes zoster. (latest outcomes from Valacyclovir 9,160 users)
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,780 users)
Interactions between Valacyclovir and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Naproxen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Valacyclovir and Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Valacyclovir (valacyclovir hydrochloride) is often used to treat herpes zoster. Naproxen (naproxen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Valacyclovir is used in:
- Naproxen is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I was prescribed naproxen as a result of a diagnosis of arthritis. I started taking it and the following occurred and I have stopped and I will never take it again: 1. I had terrific stomach issues and was prescribed Tecta to help with that; 2. I now have permanent buzzing in my ears; 3. I ...
- I've for a few months now had hard round stools sometime like grapes and this all started when I started on Naproxen and Tylenol for a neck injury. All comments appreciated
- I've been talking valacyclovir since November 2016. 2 months later, after taking 500mg daily, ive noticed dark red circular patches on the side of my tongue. The top of my tongue is more white than usual. Does anyone else have similar experience? I'm trying not to freak out!
- Can they be taken together. I have been taking 5 mg zoplicone for several years and just prescribed valacyclover. Any advice?
- Can you acquire deep vein thrombosis of the right upper arm as a result of taking valacyclovir or valtrex for shingles over a two week period of time?
User reviews to the study
- Hi! I am 52 year old female with Naproxen related extrapyramidal symptoms happened twice. The use of this particular drug is the only similar drug related precondition for the symptoms leading to ER. But I have also taken Naproxen without the symptoms, so maybe hypoglycemia and migraine have ...
- Ive been taking Naproxen on and off for arthritis since Oct 14. Had my first mini shock in July 15. The last really bad shock was end of March 17. Ive now stopped taking it as was suspecting Naproxen was the cause. How long will it take to leave my system, if at all? Now on Fexofenedine for ...
- I have been on Naproxen for more than 5 weeks due to gout, and I feel tired. Any luck with using this drug against gout?
- I have been taking naproxen for the past 7 years and have recently developed itching. Any suggestions?
- I couldn't figure out why I kept failing urine tests for amphetamine. I am 52 yrs old and do not take any form of prescription drug. There are only two over the counter drugs I take, Naproxen for muscle and sciatic nerve pains, and Excedrin (rarely) for headaches. Does anyone know how many ...