Valium and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Valium and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Valium and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 952 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
952 people who take Valium, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Valium and Benadryl?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeValium and Benadryl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Valium 32,957 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,079 users)
Interactions between Valium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Valium and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Valium (diazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Valium is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
- Have double vision after valium use x 10 days. When will this symptom resolve? Have not taken any for 2 days.
- I took them together and I want to know is that why I'm having diarrhea.
- Want to know if any connection between UTI and taking Benadryl.
- Aggravated Muscle weakness that keeps me up at night, could be the drugs. insomnia, anxiety in the morning, OCD.
User reviews to the study
- Should you take Benadryl for an allergy when you have multiple pulmonary embolisms, pulmonary hypertension, I am now on 24 hour oxygen as of Tuesday, May 23, the right chamber of my heart is markedly enlarged and a history of of other heart issues i.e., stent placement in the LAD and ...
- You should not be taking turmeric whil on Valium. I am being followed by a group of experts who told me to stop taking turmeric cause it didn't go well with my meds. I am also on Amitryptalin, and turmeric is a no-no.together with that too.
- I have been taking Benadryl for several years for allergy. I also have taken large doses of it over a few years when I had anaphylactic shock from a cancer pill. After getting off the cancer pill, it took a few years to get over the severe allergic reactions. It was during this time that my ...
- I'm tapering Valium ( or trying to) , and just started taking Tumeric at night, away from my Valium dose by 1 1/2 hours. I'm interested to know the experience of others with this combo. I have a lot of pain and hopin the tumeric will help,
- Rx called "REQUIP" (but of course has the usual hundred side effects) but its 100% effective. I personally don't like the side effect risks and I am not sure about the RX Ambien. Prudent thing to do – ask your doctor