Valproate sodium and Topiramate drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Valproate sodium and Topiramate together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Valproate sodium and Topiramate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 535 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
535 people who take Valproate sodium, Topiramate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Valproate sodium and Topiramate?
Valproate sodium has active ingredients of valproate sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Valproate sodium 13,480 users)
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Topiramate 18,500 users)
Interactions between Valproate sodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Topiramate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Valproate sodium and Topiramatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Valproate sodium (valproate sodium) is often used to treat epilepsy. Topiramate (topiramate) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Valproate sodium is used in:
- Topiramate is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I was on Topiramate for 1 month. 1 week at 25mg, 3 weeks at 50mg. The stinging/tingling and exhaustion/weakness was more than I could bear. I was taking this for migraines. MD said to stop that medication and start a beta blocker. 7 days after stopping, I blacked out and fell. 10 days later, ...
- I am a 40 year old women with primary sjrogrens syndrome and frybromialgia along with several comprised lung issues, bladder, neurological, gastrointestinal, thyroid disease, all related to my primary sjrogrens I suffer from a long stream of other symptoms as well tight spastic sore muscles, ...
- I take Valproate Sodium 450 mg daily. Ihad no epileptic attact for 20 years.
- Can I take yelo fever even f have taken valpros medicine for my maintainance
- Treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCT) Mixed state with fluvoxamine
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hello! I just got my gallbladder out last week and I've been having a hard time due to coughing. I've been taking all these meds and nothing seems to help, so I started doing some digging and found out about the coughing with this med! So the past 3 weeks I've had this awful dry ...
- Been using epilim since 2003 and thats about the same time I started having gout. Just had operation to remove real painfull calculi from my knee. Started using allopurinol 2 weeks ago. Hope it will solve my gout issue once and for all!
- Only just got diagnosed today with folate deficiency I'm on topiramate, will have to take folate for life !
- Hi, I'm a 61 y/o female and for approximately 8 months my right foot and ankle have been swollen. Only my right foot! My doctor has done different types of tests (cat scan, x-ray, etc), all came back fine. Unable to find the reason for the swelling. Wearing a compression stocking for work. ...
- Hi, I'm male, 46, suffering of IED and OCD, I lost my work, my friends, my running competitions. I'm taking 150 mg Fluvoxamine 100 mg Quietapine 2 mg Clonazepam 500 mg Valproate