Warfarin sodium and Alcohol drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Warfarin sodium and Alcohol together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Warfarin sodium and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 31 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 12, 2017
31 people who take Warfarin sodium, Alcohol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Warfarin sodium and Alcohol?
Warfarin sodium has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Warfarin sodium 54,978 users)
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 6,419 users)
Interactions between Warfarin sodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Alcohol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Warfarin sodium and Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Warfarin sodium (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat atrial fibrillation/flutter. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat alcoholism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Warfarin sodium is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hi, i was wondering does anyone else have notice that they cant really drink alot of alcohol even 1 or 2 can cause a severe hangover? Is this because of the syndrome? thanks.
- came up with lump on side of jaw yr ago now its osteomylelitus
- Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...
- Shama from South Africa. aged 55.active female.. DVT taking warfarin for 2years now. Feeling of numbness on the one leg and for a few days now feeling stiffness in neck. Why??
- can intake antabuse & also sleep aids cause any problem?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have been on warfarin for 12 yrs and since 4 yrs I have high ESR even as high as 86. tests came out negative.I feel that my doctors are not that worried
- Would just like t find out if it is ok to glutamine I am on warafrin does it affect the blood levels?
- Started on piogltazone 2 months ago,have been on warfarin for 8 years levels pretty stable,my inr levels have dropped even with increased dose warfarin,I am on lowest dose of piog 15 mg,any help please
- Very tempted to take anything to quell my persistent cough but most things off-limits with Warfarin as you know. I have been recommended Robytusin and am cautiously using that. I see I take Warfarin not Warfarin Sodium as mentioned ? Best wishes.
- Help! I'm on holiday and am suffering 24/7 with anal fissure bleeding, this is becoming difficult and embaressing, I have had my in checked the same week I went abroad and my reading was a good one. Do I stop my warfarin for one evening? I don't feel ill enough to visit a local GP or hospital, I ...