Welchol and Cholestyramine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Welchol and Cholestyramine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Welchol and Cholestyramine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 29, 2017
36 people who take Welchol, Cholestyramine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Welchol and Cholestyramine?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWelchol and Cholestyramine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Welchol has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Welchol 8,114 users)
Cholestyramine has active ingredients of cholestyramine. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Cholestyramine 3,228 users)
Interactions between Welchol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Cholestyramine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Welchol and Cholestyraminea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Welchol (colesevelam hydrochloride) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Cholestyramine (cholestyramine) is often used to treat diarrhea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Welchol is used in:
- Cholestyramine is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Since I came home I get really bad leg cramps in my left shin. At night and during the day. At night they will wake me from a sound sleep and I have to get up and walk around for about 30 minutes.I have taken leg cramp pills, drink a gallon of water a day, also dring tonic water for the quinine ...
- Does anyone takes welchol and developed hypoglycemia?
User reviews to the study
- I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.
- My daughter and I have mold illness (CIRS) as well as Lyme disease and we have been trying to figure out why we have lost such large amounts of hair. I have been on CSM for over a year and have lost approximately 50% of my hair. I have always had shedding since diagnosed with Lyme but in the ...
- I started on Welchol 6 months ago, and I am seeing a slow increase in one of my liver enzymes. Nothing else has changed, but I'm told that it cannot be due to the Welchol.
- has anyone experienced yellow in the whites of the eyes using Cholestyramine powder? And what works best to get rid of the yellow Thanks
- I've been taking cholestyramine for about 4 months and I'm losing my hair. My doctor think is stress that's causing it. I think it's the drug. I'm in a panic Help!