Welchol and Grapefruit drug interactions - from FDA reports
There is no drug interactions reported by people who take Welchol and Grapefruit together yet. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Welchol and Grapefruit. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
No report is found.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Welchol and Grapefruit?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWelchol and Grapefruit from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Welchol has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Welchol 8,114 users)
Grapefruit has active ingredients of grapefruit. (latest outcomes from Grapefruit 189 users)
Interactions between Welchol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Grapefruit and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Welchol and Grapefruita b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Welchol (colesevelam hydrochloride) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Grapefruit (grapefruit) is often used to treat acne. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Since I came home I get really bad leg cramps in my left shin. At night and during the day. At night they will wake me from a sound sleep and I have to get up and walk around for about 30 minutes.I have taken leg cramp pills, drink a gallon of water a day, also dring tonic water for the quinine ...
- Does anyone takes welchol and developed hypoglycemia?
User reviews to the study
- I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.
- I started on Welchol 6 months ago, and I am seeing a slow increase in one of my liver enzymes. Nothing else has changed, but I'm told that it cannot be due to the Welchol.
- My grandson takes Concerta with good result; however in January he started enjoying grapefruit juice. He drinks it daily and his grades have fallen dramatically. He is 13, and with Concerta has been on the honor roll. At the same time he started drinking grapefruit juice his parents stopped ...
- I am a 46 year old white female. I have been alternating taking Trazadone and Benadryl for insomnia that I developed after starting acid reducing drugs. I have had severe heartburn for about 12 years after having my gall bladder removed. I was recently diagnosed with Gastritis and Barrett's ...
- I am a Medical Doctor, I have a vasoconstriction when I eat 1/2 grapefruit or more except if I take it with oat meal and or avocado at breakfast for example.