Welchol and Tricor drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Welchol and Tricor together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Welchol and Tricor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 213 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 06, 2017
213 people who take Welchol, Tricor are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Welchol and Tricor?
Welchol has active ingredients of colesevelam hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Welchol 7,990 users)
Tricor has active ingredients of fenofibrate. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Tricor 19,378 users)
Interactions between Welchol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Tricor and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Welchol and Tricora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Welchol (colesevelam hydrochloride) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Tricor (fenofibrate) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Welchol is used in:
- Tricor is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Since I came home I get really bad leg cramps in my left shin. At night and during the day. At night they will wake me from a sound sleep and I have to get up and walk around for about 30 minutes.I have taken leg cramp pills, drink a gallon of water a day, also dring tonic water for the quinine ...
- Does anyone takes welchol and developed hypoglycemia?
- I've been on Imuran for my Crohns Disease for over 20.years, I have AVN in both hips (5 hip replacements) I had the Depuy Metal on Metal Pinnacle Cup components. Got Melatosis and had revisions done on both hips, replaced with ceramic femoral heads and plastic lining in the cup. My left hip ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.
- I take tricor 145mg, In 2011 stretched tendon in ankle, 3months off work (Firefighter), now I'm sitting here 5/2017 with post surgery boot on from achilles tendon surgery with 50% of tendon removed. I'm still working as a Firefighter and 60yro, anybody else have these issues , thanks
- I started on Welchol 6 months ago, and I am seeing a slow increase in one of my liver enzymes. Nothing else has changed, but I'm told that it cannot be due to the Welchol.
- Been taking tricor and finkstrade for near ten years with heavy work like pushing a lower am out of breathe in short time.
- About 2 years ago, I started taking Lipofen 145 which is other generic of Fenofibrate. After 4 months, I got the symptom of CSR which diagnosed in UCLA. After discontinuing LIPOFEN, the symptom went away, However I started the Tricor 148 after 2 months again. The same symptom came after 8 ...