Xanax and Keppra drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Xanax and Keppra together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xanax and Keppra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 742 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 16, 2017
742 people who take Xanax, Keppra are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Xanax and Keppra?
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Xanax 89,605 users)
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Keppra 39,314 users)
Interactions between Xanax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Keppra and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Xanax and Keppraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Keppra is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have had epilepsy since i was a young child. i also have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life! i already know that certain drugs can aggravate epilepsy/ cause seizures- but does epilepsy CAUSE drug addiction? is drug addiction more prevalent in epileptics?
- I have had to battle substance abuse disorder all of my life!
- Hi, I'm interested in hearing if any has problems using Keppra and HUSK (psyllium) together and how do you take them? I want to take HUSK to improve my digestion, irritable bowel syndrome.
- i was taking 0.5 xanax and now blue xanax 1.0 just take half one and made my heart race and have felt sick for 2 days anybody else have this happen
- I took my xanax,opana er and dicflinac sodium 75 mg. My daughtet had to call 911 ..i wad having a severe allergic reaction
You may be interested in these reviews
- My husband is taking Keppra to help with muscle cramping/spasms due to a spinal cord injury. He has most of the listed side effects such as, mood swings, depression, coordination, muscle weakness very depressed but he also has severe edema in his feet and now lower legs as well. Cant see where ...
- After brain surgery put on these two drugs 7 weeks ago. Now having chronic abdominal pain at the belly button. No appetite and can't sleep.
- Hey all, I am 21 and have bipolar and anxiety. Have been on xanax as needed for 3 years and just starting latuda after being on risperidone for 2 years
- My daughter is now 18, started having seizures at 14, on Keppra, just started cannibis oil this weekend
- Hi 6 years ago, I was diagnoised with Encephalitis it all nearly killed me. At the time, just before I had a severe UTI and was on antibiotics. Since then I have had temperolobe absent seizures around 3-7 times a week, generally in a batch over a couple of days. I am taking a large does ...