Xanax and Skelaxin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Xanax and Skelaxin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xanax and Skelaxin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 571 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 27, 2017
571 people who take Xanax, Skelaxin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Xanax and Skelaxin?
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Xanax 84,909 users)
Skelaxin has active ingredients of metaxalone. It is often used in back pain - low. (latest outcomes from Skelaxin 7,403 users)
Interactions between Xanax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Skelaxin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Xanax and Skelaxina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Skelaxin (metaxalone) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Skelaxin is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- i was taking 0.5 xanax and now blue xanax 1.0 just take half one and made my heart race and have felt sick for 2 days anybody else have this happen
- I took my xanax,opana er and dicflinac sodium 75 mg. My daughtet had to call 911 ..i wad having a severe allergic reaction
- I take 10 MG of Lexapro a day. Xanax as needed. I drug tested via swab last week and it came back positive for meth and amphetamines. Neither have i ever used in my life. The only other drug I took was a Zytrec D. I am baffled and need answers
- I'm a female age 33, I'm a patient taking Suboxone. Now I go monthly to see my doctor and always have good urine tests. My doctor recently started me on Skelaxin for my back, added to my other medications; Vistaral, Lexapro and Suboxone. So this morning I took a Skelaxin before my appointment ...
- I'm curious about taking avena sativa and weight gain since I'm trying to lose weight and not gain! Any answers would be appreciated! Thank You :)
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hello I am female 55 years old experiencing chest pains and shortness of breath taking Xanax 2mg tampered to 0.5 mg 2x day within 2 weeks. Lately I've had episodes of shortness of breath daily they show up around 5pm and ocasional chest pains sometimes severe pressure other times clinching and ...
- I took xanax for 10years and had a dissection and a mechanical valve. Dont no if i had a aneurysm before dissection. Im in Lancaster pa. Thanks
- I was shocked to know that I was not alone and need to feel safe so I need advice on how to handle this medication.
- I have CP this few months after having 4 bouts of AP in starting from November 2015. I feel alone and frightened big time. I am sore when eating food and the hardest part was I knew alcohol did to me and I allowed it. Regret is an understatement. To fellow sufferers I wish you well. Regards Irish D
- I was wondering if high doses of Xanax can cause anorgasmia. I took 10mg last night...is it still in my system? I dont usually take that much but i really needed to sleep.