Xanax and Subutex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Xanax and Subutex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xanax and Subutex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 204 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
204 people who take Xanax, Subutex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Xanax and Subutex?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeXanax and Subutex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Xanax has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Xanax 91,865 users)
Subutex has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Subutex 5,365 users)
Interactions between Xanax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Subutex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Xanax and Subutexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Subutex (buprenorphine hydrochloride) is often used to treat drug dependence. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xanax is used in:
- Subutex is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Can i take pregabalin & subatex together can you let me if it is safe???...THANKS
- i was taking 0.5 xanax and now blue xanax 1.0 just take half one and made my heart race and have felt sick for 2 days anybody else have this happen
- I took my xanax,opana er and dicflinac sodium 75 mg. My daughtet had to call 911 ..i wad having a severe allergic reaction
- I take 10 MG of Lexapro a day. Xanax as needed. I drug tested via swab last week and it came back positive for meth and amphetamines. Neither have i ever used in my life. The only other drug I took was a Zytrec D. I am baffled and need answers
- I'm 58 I have emphysema and osteoporosis chronic pain haven't had my tabs in a couple weeks been on them for 16 years would it be okay to take a low dose of subutex would it help me or be harmful
User reviews to the study
- I start ALP with 1 mg dose after taking 2 days of the same dose I felt that 1 mg is too much for me I cut it to 0.5 and then 0.25 now I am taking about 0.12 to get 0.12 I break the pill in 2 pieces. my aim is to withdraw it because it.s makes my eyes yellowish and most important now I have ...
- Hi my name is Bernie I have had for strokes and then I started getting Tia I've had about 80 of them and they won't stop and I've been tested for seizures and they aren't seizures and the doctors just don't know what they are and then I found this website so I'm kind of glad to find you people ...
- Tapering off,doing 2mg a day atm,any advise how to stop sweating especially from the head/face?Thanks
- I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. For over 10 years I have taken a 25mg Zoloft daily for panic attacks and anxiety and for approximately 3 years I have taken .125mg alprazolam occasionally for anxiety.
- I take epilepsy medicine, lamotrigine 100mg twice daily. I don't sleep and have had problems in the past where I've been prescribed zopiclone and diazepam. Can xanax be taken with the medication I'm on? I don't know where to turn for help? Any advice would be so appreciated.