Xifaxan and Alcohol drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Xifaxan and Alcohol together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xifaxan and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 12, 2017
6 people who take Xifaxan, Alcohol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Xifaxan and Alcohol?
Xifaxan has active ingredients of rifaximin. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Xifaxan 2,198 users)
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 6,400 users)
Interactions between Xifaxan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Alcohol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Xifaxan and Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Xifaxan (rifaximin) is often used to treat hepatic encephalopathy. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat alcoholism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Xifaxan is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- My husband has non alcoholic cirrhosis and is taking Xifaxan for his memory etc. He can't take Lactulose yet because he recently had C Diff and Pneumonia. He is having bowel movements every time he sits on the toilet... loose with a lot of gas. I was giving him Probiotics and wonder which of ...
- Hi, i was wondering does anyone else have notice that they cant really drink alot of alcohol even 1 or 2 can cause a severe hangover? Is this because of the syndrome? thanks.
- Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...
- can intake antabuse & also sleep aids cause any problem?
- My husband was treated with xifaxan for diarrhea for many months. He died in December of septic shock. He had breathing difficulties, a bleeding stomach ulcer, and was treated with shots for a low white blood cell count. Does anybody have any experience with this?
You may be interested in these reviews
- whenever i drink i yawn uncontrollably and i don't know why. i don't would like to understand the reason why but can't find answers. please help me it would be very appreciated. thank you. :)
- Hi everyone ! I hope I can talk to others who understand the pain I live with every day - all day ! I hope I can also be a support to others
- Just started Cymbalta 20 mg 1x/day on 1/11/17 (for pain) and I've been on Xifaxin 550 mg 2x/day since March 2015 (for stage IV Cirrhosis). Not getting any pain relief although feeling hand tremors, dizzy, nausea, headaches and loss of coordination. Don't think I can take this any longer!
- Is there a problem taking xifaxan for a week at a time while taking Lipitor every day? Are effects irreversible?
- Just started on Tamsulosin 400mm today, the urge to pee has reduced drastically in just two hrs, is this normal?