Xifaxan and Alcohol drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Xifaxan and Alcohol together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Xifaxan and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1 person who the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 15, 2017
1 person who takes Xifaxan, Alcohol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Xifaxan and Alcohol?
Xifaxan has active ingredients of rifaximin. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Xifaxan 3,266 users)
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 6,423 users)
Interactions between Xifaxan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Alcohol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Xifaxan and Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Xifaxan (rifaximin) is often used to treat hepatic encephalopathy. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat alcoholism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Xifaxan is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I'm trying to find out what type of interactions there could be between these two meds. I can't seem to find anything but the nurse told me that I shouldn't take my bentyl while on the antibiotic. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks
- My husband has non alcoholic cirrhosis and is taking Xifaxan for his memory etc. He can't take Lactulose yet because he recently had C Diff and Pneumonia. He is having bowel movements every time he sits on the toilet... loose with a lot of gas. I was giving him Probiotics and wonder which of ...
- Hi, i was wondering does anyone else have notice that they cant really drink alot of alcohol even 1 or 2 can cause a severe hangover? Is this because of the syndrome? thanks.
- Hi I rarely drink but when I do the next day when I wake up I am really sick - vomit every 20 mins and also have to go to the toilet ! It's like my whole system shuts down and only12 hours later i will notice my stomach/ bowel making noises again and then I stop being sick. Is there anything I ...
- can intake antabuse & also sleep aids cause any problem?
You may be interested in these reviews
- Itching started on my scalp about 4 weeks into taking xifaxan. Now at 7 weeks I'm experiencing itching on my torso.
- Have been taking Xifaxen 550mg twice a day 2 to 3 times a year and each time the ringing gets worse and never goes away. Is there anything I can do to cut down this awful noise it is beginning for affect my hearing.
- I've had a 2-3 beers after lidocaine injections at the dentist's for about 50 years and have never had a reaction of any kind.
- Just filled Xifaxan i have been on gleevec 12 years woried I hace alot of bad bacteria in my stomach they done a hydrogen air test where i had to send in 12 breath tubes. It came back positive for bad bacteria .does anyone else have this I have had bloating over a year . But i dont have IBS-D ...
- Diagnosis: SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) I took nine doses of Xifaxan (four days/two per day 550 mg each tablet) and stopped because of increased abdominal bloating and diarrhea. One to three days later I took a dose of Miralax for constipation. I may have taken a second ...