Zantac 150 and Gaviscon drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zantac 150 and Gaviscon together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zantac 150 and Gaviscon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
10 people who take Zantac 150, Gaviscon are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Zantac 150 and Gaviscon?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeZantac 150 and Gaviscon from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zantac 150 has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Zantac 150 4,322 users)
Gaviscon has active ingredients of aluminum hydroxide; magnesium trisilicate. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Gaviscon 6,378 users)
Interactions between Zantac 150 and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Gaviscon and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zantac 150 and Gaviscona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zantac 150 (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often used to treat indigestion. Gaviscon (aluminum hydroxide; magnesium trisilicate) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zantac 150 is used in:
- Gaviscon is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I took tums and Zantac and my blood pressure dropped to 115 over 58.
- migraines come on fast and last a few days. Getting to the point I can't function.
- My gastroenterologist just took me off omeprazole twice a day because it stopped working. (I've been on it for more than 7yrs) He changed my meds to 40mg of pantorazole in the morning and zantac at night.well,my rls has gone wild so I stopped taking it. But I'm left with horrible night time ...
User reviews to the study
- Hi there!! I am a 47yo male. I live in MA. I have barrets and of course GERD. I tried Gaviscon because heard so much about it. Then I wake up at 2am with this amazing piercing headache in my left temple. I also take omeprazole. I had to eat food to take ibuprofen for the headache. I can't lay ...
- I take B12 supplements (Meta-fem from Thorne Research). I fast 2h30 after taking Gaviscon following my breakfast and cup of tea before taking my B12 and then continue fasting for 1 hour before taking any food including such things as tea, coffee and soya milk. I was diagnosed diabetic type 2 for ...
- taking both for acute reflux flareup and long standing treatment of depression which is well managed on lexapro brand name. Do not feel well since starting zantac this week. mild nausea, intestinal discomfort and overall odd feelings.
- Hi, am taking Ranitidine and Turmeric. Was diagnosed with Barretts about a year ago and have developed neuropathy. Concerned about problems using both. Any feedback would be welcome, thanks.
- I am celiac, have been gluten free for years and due to arthritis/join dysfunction was taking steroid injections which eventually led to ulcers in the stomach and intestine. Now, I take daily Zantac/Sucralfate. Is there an end to the zantac/sulcrafate with other medications or treatment?