Zetia and Grapefruit drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Zetia and Grapefruit together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zetia and Grapefruit. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1 person who the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
1 person who takes Zetia, Grapefruit are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Zetia and Grapefruit?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeZetia and Grapefruit from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 35,203 users)
Grapefruit has active ingredients of grapefruit. (latest outcomes from Grapefruit 189 users)
Interactions between Zetia and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Grapefruit and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zetia and Grapefruita b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zetia (ezetimibe) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Grapefruit (grapefruit) is often used to treat acne. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zetia is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been taking Eliquis for Afib for about 2 years. My hair is falling out and I thought it was due to my age 78. The receptionist at my interns office suggested Biotin. Going to give this a try after I check with my Cardiologist that it will be alright with the medications I am on. Looking ...
- 59 years...Just had my 2nd dose of prolia , during a routine 24 urine test, was found to have hypercalciumia now on chlorthalidone which caused me to have a critical low potassium.went to EC for potassium . Have been feeling tired, with upper arm pain and a headache X1 week prior to and after ...
- Is there a proven connection with the medication zetia and kidney failure? I have been taking zetia for approximately 10 yrs and have been diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease. If there is a connection, can this be reversed through discontinuing taking the medication?
User reviews to the study
- There's no doubt in my mind, my cardiologist is questioning Zetia as well. I had cholesterol and they did a heart cath on me April 20, 2016. I had cholesterol only in my leg. The rest of my body heart everything was completely clear and in perfect shape . My doctor began me on Zetia on May ...
- My grandson takes Concerta with good result; however in January he started enjoying grapefruit juice. He drinks it daily and his grades have fallen dramatically. He is 13, and with Concerta has been on the honor roll. At the same time he started drinking grapefruit juice his parents stopped ...
- I have had idiopathic neuropathy for twelve years starting with Lipitor. In cooperation with my PCP we tried all the statins and the neuropathy got worse over time. The decision was take the risk of occludedd arteries or end up on a walker or worse yet in a wheel chair. Took the risk and ...
- Hi I'm Ginger and I have begun to take Zetia and Zocor on a regular daily basis.....I have begun to have sever bloating and gas and I'm trying to process what could be causing this....has anyone experienced this? .... I would appreciate any comment!
- Have had a heart attack and have heart disease. My Colestrol level is 4.1 off statins. Cant tolerate statins so doc has put me on Zetia . Now have tiredness and severe itching and crawling