Zetia and Lantus drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zetia and Lantus together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zetia and Lantus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,389 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 27, 2017
1,389 people who take Zetia, Lantus are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Zetia and Lantus?
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 34,504 users)
Lantus has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Lantus 104,269 users)
Interactions between Zetia and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Lantus and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zetia and Lantusa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zetia (ezetimibe) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Lantus (insulin glargine recombinant) is often used to treat type 2 diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zetia is used in:
- Lantus is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have been taking Eliquis for Afib for about 2 years. My hair is falling out and I thought it was due to my age 78. The receptionist at my interns office suggested Biotin. Going to give this a try after I check with my Cardiologist that it will be alright with the medications I am on. Looking ...
- A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
- 59 years...Just had my 2nd dose of prolia , during a routine 24 urine test, was found to have hypercalciumia now on chlorthalidone which caused me to have a critical low potassium.went to EC for potassium . Have been feeling tired, with upper arm pain and a headache X1 week prior to and after ...
- Hair loss
- Is there a proven connection with the medication zetia and kidney failure? I have been taking zetia for approximately 10 yrs and have been diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease. If there is a connection, can this be reversed through discontinuing taking the medication?
You may be interested in these reviews
- There's no doubt in my mind, my cardiologist is questioning Zetia as well. I had cholesterol and they did a heart cath on me April 20, 2016. I had cholesterol only in my leg. The rest of my body heart everything was completely clear and in perfect shape . My doctor began me on Zetia on May ...
- New to the group. Type 2 diagnosis 6 months ago. I am experiencing severe inner breast pain and skin sensitivity, strong constipation and some itching mostly on my back . Recently switched to Metformin Osmotic 1000 ER twice a morning from 500 ER twice a day, glimepiride 2 mg once daily, and ...
- Been takening lantus for almost 20 days, the last three I have been so irritable? I am 41and a female
- I have had idiopathic neuropathy for twelve years starting with Lipitor. In cooperation with my PCP we tried all the statins and the neuropathy got worse over time. The decision was take the risk of occludedd arteries or end up on a walker or worse yet in a wheel chair. Took the risk and ...
- I have been on Lantus since July 2016. I am experiencing horrible gas problem. I have gas all day everyday. It is so severe that I'm afraid to be out in public. Any suggestions of what to do?