Zicam and Sudafed drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zicam and Sudafed together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zicam and Sudafed. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 17, 2017
17 people who take Zicam, Sudafed are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Zicam and Sudafed?
Zicam has active ingredients of zinc gluconate. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from Zicam 4,552 users)
Sudafed has active ingredients of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in sinus congestion. (latest outcomes from Sudafed 7,932 users)
Interactions between Zicam and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Sudafed and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zicam and Sudafeda b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zicam (zinc gluconate) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) is often used to treat sinus congestion. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zicam is used in:
- Sudafed is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Severe diarrhea after taking 7 Zicam rapidmelts in 36 hours. One day two of severe diarrhea. My question is: Will the diarrhea eventually go away on it's own?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I used zicam nasal spray for four days as instructed by manufacturer. I had to go to the emergency room because my nose wont stop bleeding. Its been bleeding for two days no just dripping out. I'm a healthy 36 year old male. This stuff should be banned.
- just started taking Lipitor 5 days ago, however in the past i have taken sudafed only when needed, if there a sighteffect that is bad, like it would send me to the hospital I am talking about 1/2 a tablet of a 120mg sudafed.
- I have a cold and want to take pseudephedrine for a few days. I currently take Azilect daily. What kind of interaction might I expect? Phenylephrine is ineffective.
- I took zicam for the 1st time last night I went to bed with a severe stomachache I woke up at 5 AM throwing up I took Zicam again at seven started to throw up again within 30 minutes it is now 1:00 PM and I still cannot keep anything down. I believe it might be from the Zicam.
- I have a sinus infection and my dr prescribed ipatropium bromide nasal spray because I have controlled high blood pressure and he didn't want me to take sudafed which has always helped in the past. I am trying to find out if it is safe to take sudafed for a few days with the nasal spray.