Zithromax and Delsym drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zithromax and Delsym together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zithromax and Delsym. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 08, 2017
35 people who take Zithromax, Delsym are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Zithromax and Delsym?
Zithromax has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Zithromax 26,144 users)
Delsym has active ingredients of dextromethorphan polistirex. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Delsym 2,490 users)
Interactions between Zithromax and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Delsym and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zithromax and Delsyma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zithromax (azithromycin) is often used to treat bronchitis. Delsym (dextromethorphan polistirex) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zithromax is used in:
- Delsym is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- A loved one has been diagnosed with CHF and what we have come to know is with an elevated blood pressure, there is an increase in coughing. Dialysis is done 3x a week to remove any fluid buildup and fluids are carefully watched throughout the day. I was wondering if taking Delsym was ever ...
- Is it safe to mix children's mucinex night time and delsym dm?
- I was told by a pharmysist that regular delsym and trazodone is safe to take together???
You may be interested in these reviews
- I've had Zpacks in the past, no problem. But this time on day 2 - 3 my BP shot up 174/111 and stayed high averaging 163/104 until day four. When it first shot up I started taking magnesium, potassium, cranberry juice and doubled my HCTZ to 50 mg. As those had always reversed more minor BP ...
- I have laryngitis and cough so husband brought home bottle of Delsym......I followed directions and also shook before opening.......within just a few minutes heart pound........husband drove me to St Marks Instacare Hospital here in Taylorsville Hospital.....pulse rate was 158....they did all ...
- I have been given a dose of 1000mg zithromax for personal reasons nd I'm on clonazepam for panic attacks! I worried about side effects! Anyone have any side effects?
- I felt burn and pain in the tip of my penis , and the doctor gave me zithromax , and since I took it , I had retrograde ejaculation
- I started taking Zithromax and while on it I got these moderate face flushes and my skin feels hot all over. Not sure of how dangerous this reaction is, but wanted to share since my age group (20-29) was not reported in the study. I do occasionally take Zofran for cyclic migraines, but haven't ...