Zofran and Zantac drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zofran and Zantac together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zofran and Zantac. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,094 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
2,094 people who take Zofran, Zantac are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Zofran and Zantac?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeZofran and Zantac from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zofran has active ingredients of ondansetron hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Zofran 44,144 users)
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Zantac 51,877 users)
Interactions between Zofran and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Zantac and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zofran and Zantaca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zofran (ondansetron hydrochloride) is often used to treat nausea. Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often used to treat indigestion. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zofran is used in:
- Zantac is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- After taking 300mg of ranitidine at bedtime for a month for silent reflux,lpr, I began having mid range back pain under left shoulder blade area. Anyone else have back pain with this medication?
- I have used Zantac or the generic for 21 years. About 2 months ago I developed pain ranging from my left temple area down to my upper neck. Doctor put me on antibiotic thinking ear infection but with no affect at all after used up antibiotic. Now, doctor is ordering an expensive ct scan and I ...
- Had scary hallucinations from flexeril, just started it two days ago. Antidepressants also caused this.
- Can they be taken in the same night. M son is so nausea us and achy
- Is it safe to mix children's mucinex night time and delsym dm?
User reviews to the study
- Hi there. Been taking ranitidine/zantac for 9 days. It has helped with the burning in my stomach but after taking it I get a dull pain in the centre of my chest. It doesn't last long bit it is uncomfortable. Any one else experienced this
- I just found out that Zofran may have caused my Stillbirth. Are there any studies that show this? All of my tests have come back normal. My babies genetic screening came back fine, my placenta came back fine and the autopsy came back normal. I am at a loss. My doctor told me that Zofran was ...
- I have not only lost my sense of taste but my sense of smell as well. Does this seem to be permanent for most?
- I have just found a link to join this group for the reason that my blood cholesterol levels have increased so much since being on ranitidine
- Having really bad problems with acid rebound when trying to withdraw from zantac, which is making my hair fall out Could do with advice and support . Thanks