Zoloft and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zoloft and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zoloft and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,539 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
1,539 people who take Zoloft, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- atrial septal defect
- cerebral haemorrhage neonatal
- congenital aortic valve incompetence
- congenital pulmonary hypertension
- mitral valve incompetence
- neonatal respiratory distress syndrome
- patent ductus arteriosus
- pulmonary artery stenosis congenital
- right atrial dilatation
- right ventricular hypertrophy
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Zoloft and Benadryl?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeZoloft and Benadryl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 104,364 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,081 users)
Interactions between Zoloft and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zoloft and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zoloft is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- 15 year old girl with high functioning ASD, ADD/EFD, and Anxiety. Recently moved. She has totally destabilized. Prior to moving she was honor roll student, now failing. Cannot concentrate, says head feels weird like a headache but not ... just really heavy. Neuro just before we left ...
- Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
- will there be an adverse affect of giving an agitated pt. Ritalin and Benadryl together
- I have been taking Sertaline for 20 years now. This week I was prescribed Levofloxacin for a Diverticulitis condition diagnosed on Monday. I chose not to take the Sertaline for the up to ten day stretch on this, new to me, medicine. I take Sertraline for an anxiety problem. I do not wish to add ...
- Not sure if i can continue on med as agitated 8th day now.
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking 100 mg serrraline and Contrave (1 pill in the morning) for 3 days. I am feeling nauseous. Any tips for getting over this?
- I have been on Zoloft for about 6 weeks and I seem to be having slow urination (much worse at night) and the feeling like I am not emptying my bladder. I take Zoloft right before I go to sleep because it really makes it hard to orgasm and I am hoping that having taken it so long before sex that ...
- Should you take Benadryl for an allergy when you have multiple pulmonary embolisms, pulmonary hypertension, I am now on 24 hour oxygen as of Tuesday, May 23, the right chamber of my heart is markedly enlarged and a history of of other heart issues i.e., stent placement in the LAD and ...
- I have been on Coumadin and Zoloft for 5 years, with no problems. My doctor recently suggested I switch from Coumadin to Eliquis. Is there a compelling reason to do so/not do so? Thanks!
- OMG please help me, my daughter is 14 years old going on 15, she started with Zoloft 50 mg and increase to 150 mg, for one year now she has been having neck spasms and twitching I am lost for words telling her Neurologist about this and her psychiatrist, they keep saying it was nothing until now ...