Zoloft and Prednisone drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zoloft and Prednisone together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zoloft and Prednisone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,252 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 18, 2017
4,252 people who take Zoloft, Prednisone are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Zoloft and Prednisone?
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 102,551 users)
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,143 users)
Interactions between Zoloft and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Prednisone and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zoloft and Prednisonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zoloft (sertraline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Prednisone (prednisone) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zoloft is used in:
- Prednisone is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I'm not sure if I should discontinue the Zoloft since I have noticed much more hair pulling. My daughter is being treated for OCD. She has said she feels a little better being on Zoloft but she is still pulling out her eye brows and eye lashes and now she is pulling the hair out on the sides ...
- Has anyone found what to do to prevent this! I think I started clinching my jaw too please help Zoloft has been the answer to my PPD after having my son
- Hello, I have been taking Zoloft for about two months now and I have back pain and hip pain. Will it go away soon? I had nausea for a week at the beginning but I was fine after so I'm wondering if I should hold on or change medication. Anybody has any idea??
- Will it stop? I've lowered the dose from 100mgs to 50 most.
- Anyone else out there have inner ear nerve damage and hearing loss from taking Zoloft?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have been taking sertraline In all for about 4 years I stopped for a few months and went back to square one with anxiety attacks so been taking them from then on I want to start taking milk thissel which I took one yesterday am am not sure if it was just coincidence but felt very anxious today ...
- HELLO MY NAME IS DIANE I HAVE BEEN ON PREDNISILONE FOR OVER 43 YRS TAKING IT EVERYDAY NONE STOP I DID NOT KNOW TILL RECENTLY THAT HAVING THE STERIODS LIKE THIS WOULD HAVE A GREAT IMPACT ON MY LIFE TODAY I STARTED BLACK COHOSH TO SEE IF IT WILL HELP ME WITH LOW MOOD IN MYSELF.....I WAS IN A ...
- I was given a 5-day course of Prednisone for asthma. I took it for 3 days and broke out in hives, oral thrush and severe pain in my left ear. My tongue is swollen and so acutely painful that I can't eat or drink without nearly passing out from the pain in/on my tongue and in my left ear. I ...
- Very strange for my balance has not been good after taking Prednisone even after being off of it for ten days.
- Just started zoloft 2 weeks ago- 1st week was 25mg and second week is now 50mg. I have pelvic pain or bladder pain. I'm not sure if that's an anxiety symptom or the zoloft. Should I continue? Does it go away?