Zometa and Eligard drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Zometa and Eligard together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Zometa and Eligard. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 184 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 25, 2017
184 people who take Zometa, Eligard are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Zometa and Eligard?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeZometa and Eligard from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zometa has active ingredients of zoledronic acid. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Zometa 53,931 users)
Eligard has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in prostate cancer. (latest outcomes from Eligard 4,198 users)
Interactions between Zometa and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Eligard and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Zometa and Eligarda b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Zometa (zoledronic acid) is often used to treat metastases to bone. Eligard (leuprolide acetate) is often used to treat prostate cancer. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Zometa is used in:
- Eligard is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Just finished 2nd Zometa infusion (x 3 mos.) 2 weeks ago. Severe nerve pain in hands that have existing mild neuropathy. Will this go away?
User reviews to the study
- Hi. I was just diagnosed with SLE between chemo and radiation and have now started on Zometa for the next 5 years. Found this group and thought it might help me understand the side effects and how it affects SLE.
- I have been given Eligard for three weeks now and I've noticed my blood pressure went from 120 to 135
- I am 49 year old female with Smoldering Multiple Myeloma I have one lesion and M-spike is 1.9 but no other signs of activity. My doctor decided to start me on Zometa every 3 months. After my second dose I noticed a small rash on my forehead but did not link the two together at the time. Then ...
- Looking for resolution to bone and muscular pains, especially at night. I am on month 3 of a 6 month injection. Can this be reversed? Are there dangers to this medication if the pain continues?
- my husband suffers crhones and was givem infusion zometa has short bowel so absorbsham problem.THEREFORE SHOULD NOT HAVE ZOMETA SUFFERED KIDNEY FAILUREBLOOD CLOT 4 OPS KIDNEY STONES JAW ONCROSIS ATRILL FIB SEVERE BACK PAINS/GROIN SEPTIC SHOCK/ LOW CALCIUMACIDOSISTERRIBLE COUGHLOTS OF OTHER ...