A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Ranitidine, Effexor Xr - from FDA reports
182 females aged 36 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 36 year old female patient who has Hiatus Hernia, Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 13, 2017
182 females aged 36 (±5) who take Ranitidine, Effexor Xr are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 36
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hiatus Hernia, Depression
- Drugs taken:
- Ranitidine (ranitidine)
- Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Heartburn: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Osteoarthritis: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heartburn in Hiatus Hernia: 5 (7.69% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Hiatus Hernia)
- Heartburn in Depression: 136 (0.76% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Depression)
- Osteoarthritis in Hiatus Hernia: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Hiatus Hernia)
- Osteoarthritis in Depression: 46 (0.26% of females aged 36 (±5) who have Depression)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heartburn in Ranitidine: 31 (1.59% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Ranitidine)
- Heartburn in drugs with ingredients of Ranitidine: 142 (3.11% of females aged 36 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of ranitidine)
- Heartburn in Effexor Xr: 15 (0.65% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
- Heartburn in drugs with ingredients of Effexor Xr: 79 (0.93% of females aged 36 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride)
- Osteoarthritis in Ranitidine: 15 (0.77% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Ranitidine)
- Osteoarthritis in drugs with ingredients of Ranitidine: 48 (1.05% of females aged 36 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of ranitidine)
- Osteoarthritis in Effexor Xr: 8 (0.34% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
- Osteoarthritis in drugs with ingredients of Effexor Xr: 47 (0.55% of females aged 36 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride)
Most common drug interactions over time
< 1 month:
- nausea and vomiting
- abdominal pain upper
- abdominal pain lower
- abdominal distension
- cholecystitis chronic
- breathing difficulty
1 - 6 months:n/a
6 - 12 months:
- muscle aches
- suicidal ideation
- drug withdrawal syndrome
1 - 2 years:
- breathing difficulty
- chest pain
- pulmonary embolism
- mental disorder
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- breathing difficulty
- nausea and vomiting
- back pain
- weight increased
- pain in extremity
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (35 people, 19.23%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (14 people, 7.69%)
- Multiple Myeloma (12 people, 6.59%)
- Bipolar Disorder (12 people, 6.59%)
- Insomnia (11 people, 6.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (36 people, 19.78%)
- Wellbutrin (29 people, 15.93%)
- Xanax (28 people, 15.38%)
- Lorazepam (27 people, 14.84%)
- Zoloft (24 people, 13.19%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Ranitidine has active ingredients of ranitidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Ranitidine 46,799 users)
- Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor xr 29,235 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix (latest reports from 16,506 Hiatus hernia patients)
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 392,552 Depression patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,255 Heartburn patients).
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 51,512 Osteoarthritis patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Has anyone tried coCQ10 with effexor. I am just so tired every day. I take fish oil b vitimans. I was in accident and now my body is so tight and in pain trying electode therapy. Have nausea trying to taper effexor any advice helpful
I want to start taking tumeric for my extreme joint pain, but I'm worried I might experience a dangerous drop in blood sugar since I also take metformin. Metformin has worked well for me, keeping my a1c at about 5.8. My joint pain is pretty bad and has been extremely painful lately. Does anyone ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Hi my name is Bernie I have had for strokes and then I started getting Tia I've had about 80 of them and they won't stop and I've been tested for seizures and they aren't seizures and the doctors just don't know what they are and then I found this website so I'm kind of glad to find you people ...