A study for a 21 year old man who takes Latuda - from FDA reports
119 males aged 21 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 21 year old male patient who has Bipolar 2. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 05, 2017
119 males aged 21 (±5) who take Latuda are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 21
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Bipolar 2
- Drugs taken:
- Latuda (lurasidone hydrochloride)
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Restlessness: 7 (5.88% of males aged 21 (±5) who take the drug)
- Headache: 11 (9.24% of males aged 21 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Headache in Bipolar 2: 3 (5.17% of males aged 21 (±5) who have Bipolar 2)
- Restlessness in Bipolar 2: 2 (3.45% of males aged 21 (±5) who have Bipolar 2)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Headache in Latuda: 11 (9.82% of males aged 21 (±5) who take Latuda)
- Headache in drugs with ingredients of Latuda: 11 (9.24% of males aged 21 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of lurasidone hydrochloride)
- Restlessness in Latuda: 7 (6.25% of males aged 21 (±5) who take Latuda)
- Restlessness in drugs with ingredients of Latuda: 9 (7.56% of males aged 21 (±5) who take drugs with ingredients of lurasidone hydrochloride)
Most common side effects over time
< 1 month:
- swollen tongue
- sexually inappropriate behavior
- muscle spasms
- nausea and vomiting
- breathing difficulty
1 - 6 months:
- suicidal ideation
- hallucination, auditory
- homicidal ideation
- pain in jaw
- drug ineffective
- white blood cell count increased
6 - 12 months:
- neck pain
- heart palpitations
1 - 2 years:
- judgement impaired
- libido increased
- energy increased
2 - 5 years:n/a
5 - 10 years:n/a
- weight increased
- drug ineffective
- appetite - increased
- stress and anxiety
- nervous system disorder
- suicidal ideation
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (21 people, 17.65%)
- Stress And Anxiety (15 people, 12.61%)
- Depression (15 people, 12.61%)
- Psychotic Disorder (9 people, 7.56%)
- Crohn's Disease (6 people, 5.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (20 people, 16.81%)
- Abilify (19 people, 15.97%)
- Risperdal (13 people, 10.92%)
- Lamictal (12 people, 10.08%)
- Geodon (12 people, 10.08%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
You can also:
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeExpand this study to include FDA and eHealthMe reports
What are the drugs?
- Latuda has active ingredients of lurasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar ii disorder. (latest outcomes from Latuda 3,432 users)
What are the conditions?
- Bipolar 2 (characterized by at least one episode of hypomania and at least one episode of major depression) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium carbonate, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Abilify (latest reports from 4,241 Bipolar 2 patients)
What are the symtoms?
- Restlessness (not able to rest) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, high blood pressure (latest reports from 84,094 Restlessness patients).
- Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 344,734 Headache patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
My 46 year old daughter has been taking theses meds in combination for a few months. We've had to put her in a long term facility because of the severe side effects. Will this be permanent? Her Doctors won't give us info because she is in no shape mentally to sign papers giving permission to share.
Hey everyone my name is Angela & I'm new to the group. I'm also new to Latuda. I'm in desperate need of answers/advice. I've been diagnosed with Bipolar I, PTSD, depression, & anxiety. I've been taking 900mg of Lithium & 45 total mg of Buspar since November 2016 with no problems. I was also on ...
I have often woken up with a feeling of slight compression in my head. Taking brewers yeast on a regular basis seems to prevent this feeling.... or am I kidding myself? Any suggestions as to what is happening?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi I've been on cimzia for 1 year for the last 2 months been having terrible headaches. They make me feel sick and dizzy also on 25 methotrexate which I inject which I've been on for over 5 years .i have psoriatic arthritis
Hi there!! I am a 47yo male. I live in MA. I have barrets and of course GERD. I tried Gaviscon because heard so much about it. Then I wake up at 2am with this amazing piercing headache in my left temple. I also take omeprazole. I had to eat food to take ibuprofen for the headache. I can't lay ...
Hi everyone, I was on 80mg of latuda & 300 mg of wellbutrin for a few years by far best combo. But I realized after leaving my ex husband who we basically had no sex lift so I never noticed till I met someone new that is was next to impossible to have an orgasm. If I was able to it was so weak. ...
I used Durezol, got a fairly bad headache for a week, then it has dragged on for about 6 weeks as a mild, dull headache in the temporal area in the same spot. ( The right side of head is affected, same side I used eyedrops )..Was found to be negative for temporal arteritis. Anybody out there ...
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...